General Invert Colors but Retain Graphics/Videos

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by joejoejoe, Jan 13, 2014.

1. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

I love using the invert function while using my phone at night or in a dark room. All of a sudden, using my phone doesn't feel like staring into a flashlight.

Is there a hack to invert colors but retain graphics/videos uninverted? If so, I may just be inclined to keep my phone in invert mode at all times.

Thanks!

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

have you tried using f.lux to see if that works for you?

3. joejoejoe thread starter macrumors 65816

i believe f.lux changes the color temperature of your screen, i use it on my desktop and it's great but it's not what i'm looking for in this instance.

i love the look of iOS inverted, but i don't like how images are inverted as well. windows inverts everything but graphics, was hoping there was a jailbreak hack for iOS devices

4. joejoejoe thread starter macrumors 65816

k--but i was hoping for an accessibility hack rather than a theme, felt like the accessibility hack would be less draining on the phone as the invert colors function is already a native feature.

will ask in the other thread

5. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

there's an invert flipswitch in cydia so that might make toggling between invert colors and non invert colors easier (for a temporary solution until you find the actual solution you want)

6. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

You can also set a triple tap for invert, in the standard accessibility pref.

7. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

You can, but setting it up this way introduces a delay that some find annoying when bringing up the switcher with a double tap of the home button.

8. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I would imagine that the inversion of colors is done in the GPU and must affect the entire output.

9. blueflower macrumors 6502

Just following up to see if there is any tweak that will invert colors for everything EXCEPT images and videos?

Thanks in advance for your help.

10. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

how about eclipse or nightmode?

11. joejoejoe thread starter macrumors 65816

no longer interested in jailbreak, and those solutions were released well after this original post.

if apple added some code to their invert option to simply retain graphics... there wouldn't even be a need for eclipse or nightmode