Inverted colours when held at an angle?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajthomason, Jul 16, 2008.

1. ajthomason macrumors 6502

Hi All.

I have just had my iPhone replaced by the very nice genius at the Apple Store because there was dust/dirt underneath the screen, a small 'bubble' in the plastic and the apple logo on the back had a line down it (the last two would not bother my by themselves).

Anyway, I noticed on this new one that when I was looking at a very low angle from the bottom corner, the whole screen (well, the icons) appeared inverted. I checked against by iPod Touch and it does not happen. You know, the kind of inverted when looking at cheap laptop LCDs.

I know that it's not a problem because it only happens at very low angles from the corner, looking upwards, but I was wondering if it was on all iPhones or just this replacement that I've been given. I have no intention of returning it or anything, it's just curiosity as I didn't notice it on my old one.

Could someone please hold their iPhone 3G (on the home screen) looking at it from about 160 degrees up from the bottom left corner and see if the calendar icon inverts, with the while becoming black. It will be obvious if it's happening - As I said, I was just interested because my iPod Touch doesn't do it at all. It doesn't seem to do it from the right, only the left.

Thanks.

2. ag227 macrumors regular

3. ajthomason thread starter macrumors 6502