Investor Rights Law Firm Investigates Apple's Earnings Cut for 'Potential Securities Fraud'

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 3, 2019.

1. scottishwildcat, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019

scottishwildcat macrumors regular

Er, Apple is still is raking it in faster than most companies can dream of. The App Store just hit a new single-day revenue record of $322m on New Year's Day, for example.

2. apolloa macrumors G4

Yeap, agree with this hence the investigation. You can’t say one thing then a month or 2 later claim the opposite for the same time scale. Will be interesting what happens with this one as Cook is liable as he said it all..

3. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

Not if they can find evidence that they knew numbers couldn't be met and said it anyway.

4. jerwin macrumors 68020

FWIW, here's the transcript of the 4th quarter earnings call.

https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-...aapl-q4-2018-earnings-conference-call-tr.aspx

5. Duane Martin, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019

Duane Martin macrumors 6502

Duane Martin

Lol, not a problem for Samsung because Samsung phones represents less than 1% of the Chinese phone market according to the quoted article, which is the point they are making. However, Samsung does make components for other phones that do have a larger share in China (Apple, for instance) so I think the analysis that Samsung won't get hurt is optimistic. Not get hurt as much, perhaps.