Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WinkWink726

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
Pittsburgh Area, PA
Hey you guys, So this is my second aluminum laptop from apple and I really want to get some sort of no-bulk scratch-resistant protection for this one.
I just got a new 2nd gen aluminum macbook (the 13" deal but with the backlit keyboard, pretty sweet!).

Anyhow, I'm really contemplating the InvisaShield thingie by Zagg.
Does anyone have any pics of what your aluminum laptop looks like after its been installed?
I hear that it gives it more of a glossy look vs the stock matte or brushed finish.

can you also think of any cons (from experience, NOT assumption) that comes with using those?

My old 12" G4 had stickers and stuff all over it (yeah, i'm one of them! ;)) and I just dont want to put the stickers and stuff on the surface of this one, but i want to same look and feel as my old guy!

I was going to get one of the prefab design skins that I keep seeing, but I dig my individuality way more ;):apple:

Thanks you guys!

The Samurai

macrumors 68020
Dec 29, 2007
Glasgow
You'd find your answer quick if you use the search feature on this site. Not trying to be mean or anything but it would save you time rather than waiting hours.

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
Zagg is offering 30% off all products til Dec 31. It's a good time to buy. Last time they had a sale was halloween.

BlackLight

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2008
im also going with the invisibleshield as well order mine already just waiting to get it next week ...form what ive heard its awesome , great protection, no residue if you remove it and it provides a great grip to ur MB. Some people dont like the gloss it gives but i will judge for myself.

mac&cheesey

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2008
InvisibleShield

I have the InvisibleShield on my MBP. I absolutely love it. This is the only laptop I own but I can easily say that I will never own a Macbook without putting an InvisibleShield on it. I also recently bought 'shields for my and my wife's iphones.

They require a bit of patience to get on but they are worth the effort. They protect exceptionally well and should, IMO, be considered an investment.

All the best,
m&c

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.