Invisible files strewn about in Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mr. feeny, Dec 27, 2009.

1. mr. feeny macrumors member

Ok long story short, i received the Snow Leopard upgrade disc, single license for Christmas. I Installed the software, and i noticed my icons were changed for the finder and dashboard. I couldn't use my candy bar anymore since the free trial was done, so i decided to download and try liteicon. I changed the icons back and deleted the application. Now My computer when i try to download the updates for snow leopard upon restart it wont boot past the grey screen with the apple logo and the loading gear. The only way i can restart or turn the computer on after being shut down is by booting on the disc and reinstalling the snow leopard again. What the heck can be wrong here?

2. celticpride678

All you have to do is hide the hidden files and folders. They are still there, but they are hidden. They were always there, but hidden. Here is the Terminal command: (launch Terminal.app) and type in:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -bool false

Then, it should hide the files and you should be fine. DON'T DELETE ANY OF THEM!

3. mr. feeny thread starter macrumors member

I just did this in the terminal, i got it to work Thanks! But.........

This also doesnt explain how i cant reboot my computer after restarting it! Idk whats going on with this.