Invisible Firewall?!?!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cuddykid, Sep 25, 2010.

1. cuddykid macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    I have a rather strange problem, or so I think! (It may just be me being stupid).
    I have never been able to get VNC programs or anything of that nature to work on my mbp. I tried Air Display (iPad app) yesterday and it refused to work. I have disabled firewall in settings-> security. The strange bit is that it worked perfectly on Windows 7 which I was running on VMware fusion on the mbp!

What's the solution to get it to work on the mbp? Its really starting to annoy me!

Thanks in advance :)

2. dbwie macrumors 6502

3. cuddykid thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried logmein. In fact every program that operates in that sort of way (vnc'y) doesn't work. However, what I was asking was WHY doesn't it work on the mac side when it works with windows running on vmware INSIDE the mac!! :S:S
    ??

Hi all,
    I have a rather strange problem, or so I think! (It may just be me being stupid).
    I have never been able to get VNC programs or anything of that nature to work on my mbp. I tried Air Display (iPad app) yesterday and it refused to work. I have disabled firewall in settings-> security. The strange bit is that it worked perfectly on Windows 7 which I was running on VMware fusion on the mbp!

What's the solution to get it to work on the mbp? Its really starting to annoy me!

Thanks in advance

4. xsimsimx macrumors member

xsimsimx

Maybe you didn't install something, did you miss anything?

5. xsimsimx macrumors member

xsimsimx

If you checked and you didn't miss Anything, try using teamviewer.

www.teamviewer.com

Download it for both your MacBook pro and your iPad

And type the Id and password that you have on your Mac inside your iPad.

Maybe this will work

If this didn't work then send me a private message