Invisible Icons on iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by zanzibar321, Jul 3, 2010.

1. zanzibar321 macrumors newbie

On my 3G I had about 15 invisible unnamed icons. Thankfully, they showed up on about the 3rd or 4th page of apps, so I never was bothered that much by them. If I deleted them, they would be back within 24 hours. I figured there was some problem with the OS and I'd be fine when I got my new iPhone 4. WRONG. My iPhone 4 too shows these invisible icons, except they are now semi-transparent black squares (obviously they always were, I just never could tell with a black background.) I am very confused because I don't understand what the problem could be. I went through my apps on my Mac and deleted every one that I don't regularly use, but the invisible apps stil appear.

What should I do?

2. zanzibar321 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Sounds like you restored from a backup. Restore and setup as new and then sync your apps over (you’ll lose app settings and game saves though). If it does this again, which I doubt, try syncing over one at a time.

Remember, if you setup as new, you need to have your contacts, notes, calendar, etc. synced beforehand, or you’ll lose them.

Your other option if you don’t want to setup as new is try a reset all settings (not an erase all content).

4. broncopde macrumors 6502

Have you restored and synced (not restored from a backup) on your iPhone 4? I'm not sure what the problem might be, but that could certainly fix it.