Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i4k20c

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Hi all,

I am trying to edit my home screen by creating invisible icons through one of the websites that allows you to create blank icons as bookmarks with your wallpaper. I have tried to set it up three times, and each time, the phone seems to hold the wallpaper, until I either restart the phone or leave it overnight on my bed stand.

Why is this shift in the wallpaper occurring? I am running iOS 12.2 on an iPhone X.

Once I set it up - here is what it looks like:
c5fKVCxl.jpg

Here is what it looks like after the restart or from keeping my phone overnight - you can see that the wallpaper has shifted or the icons have:
m0H4C3rl.jpg

MEJHarrison

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
It looks like the background itself has shifted down. I wonder if this shifting is intentional to help with burn-in? That's the best guess I have.

i4k20c

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
It looks like the background itself has shifted down. I wonder if this shifting is intentional to help with burn-in? That's the best guess I have.

Hm - that is a great question. Is that a feature or something that Apple does?

maybe turn off "perspective" when setting the wallpaper?

I did turn off perspective! I have it on still. The website asks you to turn off also "motion" but i believe that is for just creating the wallpaper - not actually for keeping it.

here is the website i used: http://iempty.tooliphone.net/en/add-invisible-blank-icon-on-springboard-home-screen-iphone-ipad-ios/

the demo video is on iOS 9 - so i wonder what has changed since then? Is there another or better way to do this? I just want a clean homescreen with the icons at the bottom.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Something to try...

Bring up the background image on it's own in Photos. Do a screen grab of the image. Change the background to use the new screen grab version of the background.

Seen in the past squirrelly stuff with backgrounds that aren't quite right sized for device, and do the above to come up with properly sized background whenever I get a new device with new/different display size/type.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.