Invisible purchases

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Bbqthis, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

My wife preordered a watch with a Wells Fargo credit card. I preordered mine with a Wells Fargo debit. So far here is no indication of anything in our statements. People are reporting having holds on their cards in the amount of the watch, or being charged for apple care. We haven't had anything come through yet. This isn't our first rodeo but given the uncertainty of the launch I thought I'd be concerned. Is this all normal? Anyone else with nothing on their cards yet?

/textwall

2. Hermes Monster macrumors 65816

Hermes Monster

Yep pretty normal, Apple don't charge until it's shipped; but at the time of ordering they do put a hold/authorisation on the your account - mine was showing as £0.00 in my pending debit card payments but has now gone.

3. Me1987 macrumors regular

Me1987

I've not been charged the full amount but Apple have put a £1 hold. Can you check your pending transactions? If not, just give Apple a call and ask if they were able to process. I assume if they weren't they would have let you know though.

4. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

Apple attempts to pre-authorize in the least impacting way possible for your account. For some people it's a $0 auth that never even appears, for others it will be a charge and refund instantly of anywhere from $1 to the full price, for some it will be a $1 charge that sticks around a while then falls off, and for others something like $40. Etc. etc.

If they need a pre-auth and it didn't work, your order would've failed by now. As much as a bump in authorizations as a launch might make, it's nothing in the grand scheme of national/international banking activity at any given time. Like squirting a garden hose into rapids.

When your item is up for shipping, a real charge will be made. As long as your billing info is all good, it should go through just fine.

5. Jamesk811 macrumors 6502

I have been charged full amounts for all three of my orders. That's weird??

6. Bbqthis thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

Yeah, I expected to see some sort of evidence of them trying the card, like the 1 dollar charge or anything, but nothing appears and there's no pending charge on either card. Neither order has been canceled yet so here's hoping...

7. BrettDS macrumors 65816

For what it's worth, my two orders placed on my Apple Visa from Barclay are the same way... No preauthorizations or anything. The card still shows that 100% of my credit is available.

8. Sophrosyne macrumors member

I had 2 pre-authorization charges on April 10th. One was $1 for the watch and the other $49 for AppleCare+. Oddly, both of these charges dropped off my AmEx today.

9. jkel777 macrumors 6502a

My card still shows 2 authorization charges of $0 for "address verification only."