Invisible Sheild has dark smudges. Dirty?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by icupcake, Mar 9, 2012.

1. icupcake, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2012

icupcake macrumors member

icupcake

I had Invisible Shield installed on the back and sides only of my white iPhone 4s back in November. For the last few months I've noticed black finger type smudges all over the back. It's absolutely ruining the beautiful look of the pristine white :(. I'm supremely careful with my phone. I keep it in a padded pocket in my purse and I rarely ever touch it if I haven't washed my hands first. I've tried cleaning it with glass cleaner from apple but no luck. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm hoping it's the shield and not the phone - eep, now I'm freaking myself out, lol. Thanks!

*sorry for the spelling in the title. My sleepy brain is not functioning right now.

2. jsf721 macrumors 6502

I have this on my iPhone and iPad without issues but it has a lifetime warranty. Get it redone!

3. icupcake thread starter macrumors member

icupcake

Next time I'm in the area, I think I will. Maybe I'll throw a Lucky Labs on there for a while until I get back that way. I'd love to know if this has happened to anyone else. Maybe the guy who installed it didn't clean it properly...:rolleyes:

4. benfica88 macrumors regular

I usually happens to my front screen. I've only seen this happen with invisibleshield was well. Once it gets dirty, that's it, I've found no way to clean it...

5. mzkb macrumors newbie

Invishield

I had a front Invishield put on in November. I always had finger prints and it looked dirty. I have a white iPhone 4S.
    A couple of days ago, I noticed a black ring around the top where the speaker is and it was peeled up.
    I took it back to the store and they replaced it and it was dirty underneath. They had put on a shield that didn't completely cover the front, a "case friendly" one. They put on the full coverage one this time and I hope that takes care of it.
    They have a cleaner, but I've never used it. I've used almost dry disinfectant wipes and that worked for me, then I dried it off with a tea towel.