Invisible shield - Anyone only using this front and back? effects..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ishopukisfake, Sep 4, 2008.

1. ishopukisfake macrumors regular

I'm interested to know if anyone has decided against any form of outer casing for their iphone and has decided to just protect it on the front and back with the Invisible Shield. I am considering this because I like the smooth and narrow feel of the iphone without any external encumbrances.

If you are only using the invisible shield front and back, and have been doing so for some time, and putting in pocket, placing on different surfaces, how is it holding up, is it showing any scratches, does it feel safe and protected?

2. chainprayer macrumors 6502a

i have used it along with the agent15 case. the screen has gotten some physical abuse but looks like nothing ever touched it :)

3. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (16GB, 2.0.2 JB'd): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

I use BodyGuardz film (just like IS but less expensive and less orange peel effect) and I love it. I don't have to baby my iPhone 3G anymore, and despite taking some abuse, it looks brand new. And most people can't even tell there's anything on it. :D

4. iFerd macrumors 6502a

I tried the InvisibleShield on the screen only of my 1st gen iPhone. I sent it back for a refund because it caused enough friction while finger flicking that I found it genuinely unpleasant. I now have the crystal screen protector from the Apple Store, and it is great. It is almost completely invisible and feels just like the glass.

I am not knocking InvisibleShield. I have their protectors on the displays of two digital cameras and like them very much. I haven't tried it, but I would have no reservations about using their product for the body of the phone. Just not on the front of my iPhone.

BTW, there was no hassle at all about returning it for a refund within the allowed period. Credit came promptly and cheerfully. Which is part of why I bought their stuff for the cameras. First class accommodation.

5. ishopukisfake thread starter macrumors regular

I've been using a white contour flick on the back of mine for the last few weeks. It's really slim, only a few millimeters, and looks good, but when I take it out, it feels allot nicer to hold and having the original apple design is cool. So I'm considering putting on the IS front and back and leaving off any case, its such a nice shape to hold when its "naked"

6. ishopukisfake thread starter macrumors regular

That sounds good, I already tried applying the IS once and made a mess of it, and did notice it wasn't quite as smooth as the glass. Might look into the CS for the front.

7. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

My phone is protected soley by the IS front and back and I'm very happy with it. No scratches and I like the added grip it provides while leaving the phone looking stock. I didn't apply it quite right, though, so one of the corners is beginning to peel a bit. I called them the other day about this and a replacement is on its way.

8. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

agent 15??? I use just the IS back with my agent18 ecoshield works great makes the agent18 really tight. i use the PS anti-glare for the screen.

9. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

I removed my front IS shield, i really didnt like the feel

after about a weeks worth of use there are very very slight scracthes, but i dont mind, i really love the feel and clarity of using a glass surface

rear IS shield has protected the phone from one drop ( no damage)

10. rizajj macrumors member

yeah i only have the Invisible Shield on. no outer case. I was going to get the Contour Flick or the inCase Slider but there's really no need. the IS does its job well, and I feel pretty secure about taking my iPhone anywhere, using it, etc.

i'm actually OK with the friction on the front when flicking, etc. i sort of like it. to each his/her own.