Invisible shield+Bumper or Invisible shield+case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iphone4black, Jun 24, 2010.

1. iphone4black macrumors member

I am looking for most protection (screen cracking, scratches, etc).
    My iphone 2g's screen cracked from a 3 foot fall, even though it had a case (clear plastic case).
    I am going to buy the zagg invisible shield (should i get easy, or max?), but I'm not sure if i should get a bumper, or a slim case like the griffin one (with the clear back), and the others that are out.

I am thinking bumper, since it's supposed to keep the screen from cracking, but having the screen and back revealed to things like rocks and stairs, makes me feel like it wont protect my phone.

What do you guys think? btw, should i get the zagg? i have a 30 percent discount, but will it protect it?
    thanks

2. corrado007 macrumors newbie

I realize this is an older thread but it seems worth replying in case someone else is curious about this. Seems like a very common pair of accessories.
    I have an invisible shield by Zagg on my iPhone 4 along with a black bumper. I always used to use the power support anti-glare on my 3Gs and but the invisible shield is really growing on me. I also really like the lifetime warranty they offer. Apparently just $4 shipping to get the new one and you throw the old one in an envelope and send it back when you get the new one. As for the bumper, I really like it because it offers impact resistance while not covering up the majority of the phone which is great since the iPhone 4 looks so nice.
    My only problems about the bumper are that it covers up the nice looking metal band around the phone (pro & con for many) and it seems to cause the edges of the invisible shield to slightly lift up in some areas (does it on both my wife's iP4 and mine). It has to be one of the most clean looking ways to protect your iP4 reasonably well. As for a case, that's a matter of preference. I wouldn't want to cover up the clean lines of the phone with a case that will also add some bulk but that's just my $0.02 worth.

3. lkeslinger macrumors member

Well, if you search around on this forum, some have dropped their phones with a bumper on, and it still nicked or cracked the screen. Don't get me wrong--I like the bumper and have a black one on my iPhone right now because I don't like bulky cases, but with only a bumper on, I know I am taking a risk. Be careful. I should be receiving my Wrapsol Ultra today, so I can FINALLY feel somewhat at ease.

4. 3kids macrumors regular

I had the Griffin case with the clear back and returned it. The case left a white haze on pictures taken with the flash.

I put a Zagg Invisible Skin on yesterday and initially thought I was not liking the look, it has dried and looks like nothing is on there now. I will put the Apple Bumper back on in another day or so. I didn't think the bumper would be better or worse than the other cases, but it really is better. I also had a RocketFish gel case which did seem to provide okay protection, but it made the buttons pretty impossible to manipulate.

5. nvelker macrumors member

The Zagg screen protectors are very thick. A lot thicker than a normal crystal or anti-glare. That's not a bad thing in and of itself... but you have to be really careful what case you couple the zagg protector with. Most cases aren't cut to allow enought space for the zagg, and the result is that the zagg will bubble and peel off around the edges... so, just be careful.

6. plusonechoi macrumors member

being that some have said the invis shield is quite thick, does it make the screen feel different in terms of usability and touch accuracy. I currently have a bumper on and really like it! its a case, without the case IMO. Now I cant decide on getting invisible shield or waiting for power support anti glare to come out

7. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

8. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

I have Bodyguardz installed like 3 days ago.
    Fully cured now...
    I took out my bumper, and still deciding whether. i should still... well put the bumpers back on.
    I got the full coverage, and all 6 sides are protected. it looks nice.

With the bumpers even better, but without the bumpers the phone is soooo thin!

Definitely use the invisible shield with the bumpers, you'll like it.

If you use a case, why'd you get the invisible shield? (unless you only got the screen protector) :)

9. ckasten macrumors newbie

Want to show off metal sides but still protect

Ive got the zagg on front and back of my ip4 and ordered the black bumper from apple. I'd prefer to keep the metal showing though and use something like the strip offered from fusion of ideas but don't want to buy a package deal to get them. Any ideas? And is there a way to combat the zagg bubbling with the bumper?