Invisible Shield/Contour Showcase Question??..

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Chrizztiann, May 8, 2008.

1. Chrizztiann macrumors newbie

I was just wondering...

Does any one know if the front screen protector invisible shield piece that comes with the fully body iphone invisible shield package. Covers only the screen or the screen and the shiny chrome(or what ever it's called) rim around the iphone aswell??

Also does anyone know if a iphone with a invisible shield screen protector fit with a contour show case??
    Iphone + IS screen protector + Contour Showcase = ???

Last question...
    Can the soapy-water liquid from the installation spray that comes with a IS damage the speaker on the iphone??

2. phiredrop macrumors newbie

Invisible Shield

The front piece of the Invisible Shield screen protector does cover only the front screen NOT including the silver siding or the Home Button. There are separate pieces for both of those, as you can see from the picture provided on their website:
    [​IMG]

The shield is only .2 mm thick (as stated on their website) so you can decide if that will give you enough room for your contour case. I had a slip case before getting the Invisible Shield and it fit just fine it it.

As for the spray solution, I'm sure it's not great for your speaker if you spray it directly at it, however, if you just follow the instructions provided you shouldn't have any issues. I have the Invisible Shield and love it. No need for any other case after applying the full body shield.

-------
    But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities. The punishment that brought us peace was upon Him, and by His wounds we are healed.
    Isaiah 53:5

3. Chrizztiann thread starter macrumors newbie

Ooh thanks for answering my question!

4. aandf1978 macrumors member

for the best protection go with an invisible shield screen protector and then an incase slider. The full body protector is nice but it is not going to protect you from dings and dents if dropped. Just my two cents.

5. Chrizztiann thread starter macrumors newbie

Doesn't the incase slider scratch the chrome rim around the iphone though??

6. aandf1978 macrumors member

no I have had my slider on from day one, taking the phone in and out for regular cleanings and never have had a single scratch. As far as slider cases go only thing I can suggest is DO NOT get the black matte. There has been a problem with the paint peeling. You can find out about that in another post. I have the shiny black and it is perfect. But make sure you pick up that Invisible Shield screen protector. I think I have a 20% off code for them, PM me if you are going to order and I will give it to you.

7. zmit macrumors regular

just be careful not to squeeze the spray into the speaker when flattening it.
    i did... it still seems fine, but still wouldnt have helped.