Invisible Shield Finally came...it took 5 weeks. Now what..?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by CSilver, Mar 5, 2009.

1. CSilver macrumors 6502

Hi, ummm after I pulled trigger on Refurb Aluminum 2.0GHz Macbook I was concerned about the scratches and stuff since I will be heading off the college in Sept. At this moment I only use my Macbook at home so I don't really worry about the scratches...

I have Incase Black Sleeve for the on the go somewhere but I am still not sure what to do with the IS that just arrived today.

I am for sure putting the IS on my Ipod Touch 2G once I get one(yes I ordered one for macbook and Ipod touch 2G! It was 50% off so I went for it!).

Here is my problem... Now I have the IS I don't know if I should put it on!!

I really love the feeling of this matted Aluminum!!!

I know there are some people who have been putting the IS or some kind of protection skin on since they bought the new laptops !!!

So please!! If you have been in my situation please give me some advice!!!

:Should I or Shouldn't I put the IS on the Aluminum Macbook?

Thanks in advance -Chris-

2. Sikaffy macrumors newbie

Sikaffy

3. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

I think he was referring to where he/we rests his/our palms; "he likes the feel".

4. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

:apple:Something ive learned is when I first get something I baby it but that gets old after a month or two. When I got my iPhone it was ALWAYS in a case now its nakid and sometimes I dont even think about it but it still works the same. I say keep it off but then again it isnt that noticible.:confused::apple:

5. mattyb240 macrumors 6502a

I got the moshi palm guard after a 5 week wait also! I love it, feels great and comfortable and no longer worry about scratches!

6. CSilver thread starter macrumors 6502

I know most people baby it but if I put it on now then when I get "over" the baby treatment my Macbook won't suffer too much. I think I would like to put it on but I am scared that it might turn out to be a cheap looking laptop... Like some say "Plastic Look"

Thanks for the replies -Chris-

7. Matt-Man-Plus macrumors regular

FWIW. I put the IS on my iPod touch the day after I got it. (btw, you have to be extremely careful with a very steady hand when you're applying it.) It worked great for a few weeks and then the corners on the back side started to peel. I generally keep it in my pocket so when the corners peeled up a litle bit, the lint from my pocket stuck to it. It looked like crap after a month. I ended up peeling off the back side and keeping the front on, since i've had no issues with the front at all. Just thought i'd put in my .02 regaurding the IS on the iPod touch. Cheers.

8. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

Ok, DO NOT put that ugly piece of saran wrap on your computer.

I have had the Alum. MB since it came out and the the only case I use is the Incase sleeve. I have no scratches at all and I take my MB to class everyday.

In regards to the iPod Touch, I would just get a hard case for it if you are worried about getting it all scratched up.

Just remember, friends don't let friends put sticky plastic on their brand new macbook. ;)

9. silverblack macrumors 68020

silverblack

You bought it already, and can't return it anyway. You might as well just put it on. If you couldn't stand it, then take it off. At least then you know you really don't want it.

10. tubbymac macrumors 65816

tubbymac

What in the heck is that cat doing in your avatar?

Actually, I probably don't want to know.