Invisible Shield for iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ajo, Oct 11, 2009.

1. ajo macrumors 6502

Does anyone recommend this, or maybe Clear Armour - is there much difference between the two?

Thanks

ajo

2. Mr. Gates macrumors 68020

Mr. Gates

--Redmond --------- ----------------Washington---
    Invisible **** it more like it. Its strong stuff, but bubblier than I cared for. It looked like I had a layer of snot all over my iPhone. Also, the adhesive around the edges collects lint and dirt so you end up with a dirty looking phone.

3. lollicup macrumors regular

Get a bodyguardz front shield ( or Power support anti glare) for the front

BSE or invisible shield for the rear ( the added grippyness is a good thing)

highly recommended

you can clean your phone weekly with a damn rag if you to clean off any residue that forms around it

4. christyn macrumors 6502a

Best combo imo is power support for the front (either anti glare or crystal, depending on what your preference is... I have crystal myself) and bse back. I just bought the wrapsol back as well, so we'll see how that compares :)

5. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

I have the IS on all my devices. Never had an issue with any of them.

6. adrianbenjamen macrumors newbie

7. clewin20 macrumors newbie

It took me about 30 min to apply the IS to my iPhone. It was a little tricky around the back corners, but if you take your time it will come out just fine.

8. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

You're really bashing the quality of the product because you did a poor job of applying it? That's mature.

InvisibleShield, Bodyguards, BestSkinsEver... Whichever you decide to use, take your time and use a credit card to push out the extra liquid and it will look great once the small bubbles have dissipated.

9. micsaund macrumors 6502

micsaund

I was in the local mall the other day and there is a stand where the worker applies the InvisibleShield for you. Having helped with installing an IS on a friend's phone, I firmly believe in taking it to a store and letting someone else have the hassle.

Once installed *properly* there are no bubbles and it's pretty much impossible to scratch. It does collect lint around the edges, but that's pretty minor.

I think that in order to scratch the IS, you'd have to press hard enough to risk cracking the phone plastic, and in that scenario, you have other stuff to worry about.

10. ajo thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I recieved my iPhone and fitted the shield the same day and left it overnight to stand.

I am happy with the outcome, I took my time installing it and it really does look great. The corners also came out well.

Im already recomending this to friends.

11. Churel macrumors newbie

Churel

12. bazookafx3 macrumors regular

Woah guys! Give Zagg a fighting chance, their product isnt bad at all, these n00bs just didn't put it on right!!
    I first saw IS years ago with my first gen ipod touch, Its was super easy on that device (no curves) and clean cut with my iphone 2g that I later bought.
    Yes I'll admit it takes some patience to apply this to the 3g/3gs models, took me a few tries on my original 3g. So on the day when I got my 3gs I went to the apple store to pick up a case, I really didn't wanna attempt the IS again lol, and at my mall there was a ZAGG stand right outside of the store! With free installs of the case!
    My recommendation is that, this is a great product, don't let the pessimists fool you. At least give it a try! If anything check your local mall and see if they have a kiosk and ZAGG's website lets you search for places that will install them for you!

13. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

BSE front and Wrapsol back. That's all that is on my phone.

14. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

I'm thankful to have invisishield kiosk at the mall here locally. They install it all for you for free if you purchase from there. Also if anything ever happens to the shield. You can go back as long as you have it and they'll replace it on the spot and send the old one in. For I don't know what reason they send the old one in for.
    I haven't used the invisible shield since my 3GS then I switched to other protectors. That by far though is the strongest and Keeps the colors on the screen unlike the anti glare that gives you the blurry vision or diminished colors.
    I'm riding a naked screen right now, but after remembering the invisible shield. I think I might stop back at the kiosk today and get that installed again.
    I also for some reason like the orange peel effect it has. Looks real clean and glossy, almost reminds me of water hehe.

15. zdblue11 macrumors member

zdblue11

anyone have these invisible shields not pealed off after a long period of usage? My invisible shield on the body of the iphone is all gone now and the only thing left is the screen protector. (which i guess don't mind too much because the most importantly, the screen is kept safe and i have another pouch case for the phone)
    can anyone recommend me a IS that doesnt fall off before for maybe..6months?

16. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

If properly installed it should never come off, unless you take it off yourself.

17. kimguroo macrumors member

bestskin last for a year on 2g. edge of skin picked up the dirt so no longer stay.

Recently, I got new 3GS so I bought Skinomi at this time (they offer lifetime replacement). it's $15 (free shipping) and you can find 20% or 25% coupon somewhere.
    can't remember but it's like get25,

Just take time and do it slowly. Also small bubbles will disappear.
    I am a big DIY person and I did clear bra for my car and wife's car so it was not that hard for me:D

18. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I use the Zagg on back and PS Anti-glare on front.

Re: Invisible Shield. I just scissored off the sides and installed It as a patch over the Apple logo and writing and camera. Lint getting in the corners was too annoying.

19. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

I went to the mall today and checked out the invisishield kiosk. After a couple minutes on debating if I should get the shield I stopped. Walked away and went to the apple store.

Got my refurbished I iPhone since my software was bad and since I was starting fresh I wanted to do it right. Hate fingerprints and scratches so I went for the Power support; anti glare film.

Definitely cannot go wrong with the anti glare what so ever. I would highly reccommend this instead of the invisible shield. Your also going to save more most likely. for $14.99 you can get 2 anti glare films. Easy to put on and bubble free if installed correctly.

20. pflau macrumors 6502

Switched from BodyGuardz to Invisible Shield

I was the person who posted some instructions on how to put on the BodyGuardz shield last year:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=523209&page=8

Now after that BodyGuardz shield has been on my iPhone 3G for a year, it is time to change it. I decided to give Invisible Shield a try. Why??? Here is why

1. The BodyGuardz film is very teeny tiny bit too big, such that the film protrudes above the bezel along one edge, and that two of the flaps at one corner overlap ever so slightly. Because of that the film tends to lift along those areas and dirt get underneath and they become detached for good.

2. The cut of the shield is such that it is not easy to get the corner to stay down, as I demonstrated in the above thread, I needed to pull some tricks.

I went to the Invisible Shield website to check out what they have to offer. I found the IS for iPhone 3G and that to my eyes the cut of the film is much better, which means I should have an easier time putting it on, I thus ordered the film and gave it a try.

Now that I've had IS on my iPhone 3G for a day, my initial impression is such that besides being much easier to put on and get right, the IS skin is just not as good as the BodyGuardz skin. It has more of an orange peel effect, the paper backing sheet is of low quality such that it is difficult to remove, and it seems to pick up blemishes relatively easily.

After a few days I will probably put up some pictures and do a full report.

21. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

if you haven't purchased the shields yet do a coupon search.

most are 30% off