Invisible Shield for MacBook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by EMILinator, May 11, 2008.

1. EMILinator macrumors member

The Biggest Little City In The World, USA
    I've always had bad experiences with screen protectors and the like (especially on my PSP). I would always get annoying DUST under the screen, even after cleaning it completely. Dust will still find it's way under there. Or other foreign material.

Can someone post a pic of their invisible shielded macbook?
    And how easy is it really to put it on and take it off?
    And can anyone solve my dust/foreign crap problem?

Thanks. The invisible shield looks awesome to put on my macbook but i want to be sure i won't be repeating past failed experiences. :(

2. pyr0sphere macrumors regular

The thing with the invisibleShield is that at certain angles, you get the orange peel effect (the skin will look like the texture of an orange peel)

It is actually sort of hard to put on, at least for my MP3 player, which is so much smaller. Once it's on, it is possible to remove but doing so sort of ruins the skin

Another problem with the application of the skin is that any dust or anything else that is currently on the screen, when you apply it, will be trapped underneath the skin forever. Yes, you can try cleaning off the screen prior to application, but do you really think you can clean every single speck of dust off? Not likely

Another problem with the invisibleShield is that water bubbles may be trapped inside. Often, smaller bubbles will disappear by themselves, but there will also be some permanent bubbles

3. EMILinator thread starter macrumors member

The Biggest Little City In The World, USA

wow. not really what i wanted to hear. i guess i will just get the incase 13" hardcase for my macbook. :D

4. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

I have a bestskinsever (which is just like invisibleshield but cheaper) for my blackbook, and i love it. Yes there's a chance of dust particles getting under it, but you can reduce this by being in a room where there isn't much dust, like a foggy bathroom. I actually have two small hairs stuck under my top one, but that's because I applied it in the room where I keep pet rabbits. They don't bother me and it still looks great, and it's nice not to have to worry about fingerprints or my palmrests/trackpad wearing down. Here are some pics:

Attached Files: