Invisible Shield for MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by iMacXpress, Aug 21, 2011.

1. iMacXpress, Aug 21, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2011

iMacXpress macrumors newbie

Hello, everyone. I just just bought the Invisible Shield Full-body by Zagg for my 13" MBA.

I installed the top which turned out fine but then I noticed a couple small black spots that were pretty rough. I was afraid that it was on my Mac so, I lifted up the shield a bit but it was on the shield and not my Mac. I continued to place it back down and notice that the black rough spots were there as well as streaks and a couple small bubbles.

Will the streaks/small rough black dots/and bubbles go away within a few days?

The bottom piece was successfully done as well as the track pad. When I got to the wrist pad area and sides, while I was peeling the shield from its package, the adhesive side got stuck to the other adhesive side which made it all crumble up and I had to freaking throw it in the trash. I was very pissed off and tossed that crap in the trash. Wasted $60 for it and only got the top and bottom piece.. :mad:

Overall, it seemed decent.

- Do you guys know where I can get protection for the wrist rest area by the track pad?

Pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Just curious, where did you buy it. If you bought it from their retail store in Salt Lake City then they'll install it for you and it has that stuff you can take it back and get it replaced.

As for the black spots, I do not know. Small bubbles and streaks should go away within a day or so but if they are big they may take longer. Large streaks may be permanent.

3. iMacXpress thread starter macrumors newbie

I purchased it from a little stand at the mall that was supposedly a retail seller.

That's odd, well I hope the streaks and bubbles go away then. The streak is a pretty decent size.I hope it isn't permanent. :(

I will try to take some photos of it right now.

4. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Those are just resellers, they have only one official retail store which is amazing with customer service. To be honest, I would't trust those mall carts to install my stuff.

Anyway, try contacting them and ask them also if they could replace it for you. Just say it came with black spots or something.

5. iMacXpress thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I should have known better. But I wanted to get it right away and didn't feel like ordering it. I don't believe we have a retail store here in Kansas City. But I just took a couple pictures. I will upload them here shortly. It seems now, that they are a bunch of small bubbles rather than streaks. However, the black spot is still there.

6. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I'd send those black spot pictured to ZAGG, they might send you a replacement.

7. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Those black spots are just moisture stuck under the skin. Should use the squeegee to push it out.

8. kwajkat macrumors regular

kwajkat

Zagg replaces them, you just have to send back the old ones and they replace them for $5.

One thing I have found is to lightly mist the surface as well as the zagg itself. Then I put the cloth around the squeege and go over the zagg. Have gotten well enough I don't have bubbles etc.