Invisible shield for MBP is too expensive!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by superspiffy, Apr 3, 2008.

1. superspiffy macrumors 6502a

I'm looking for something that will protect the entire body of my MBP from scratches without the clunkiness of a plastic shell. I was looking at the Invisible shield Full Body Coverage http://www.invisibleshield.com/laptop/apple/macbook-pro-15-inch.php but it's 55 bucks! It's a piece of lamination, come on! Is there something similar from a cheaper brand that's just as good?

2. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

bestskinsever.com, exact same product for half the price. I have one for my blackbook and I love it.

3. getfuzzy77 macrumors newbie

There is a thread floating around about IS on sale. Just search "invisible shield" and one of those threads has a link to the IS website with 50% off.

Edit: Here you go: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=457865&highlight=invisible+shield
    Click on the link (the first reply), scroll down to "laptops" on the left, choose your type of laptop, and there should be prices displayed for 50% off. I am debating on buying one now...

4. superspiffy thread starter macrumors 6502a

they're priced almost the same. the difference is that IS charge 8 bucks for shipping and bestskins 2 bucks. so all in all i payed 28.99 for a full body best skins cover!

5. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

I'm surprisedyou don't complain mbp itself is too exp.? Did my research, invisible shield is best quality although I just wrap mine in cloth not in use.

6. albusseverus macrumors 6502a

albusseverus

Invisible Shield rocks

I've got an invisibleShield for my Nano and it's BRILLIANT.
    If you want military-grade protection, this is the one. Can't even scratch it with a key.

I don't know about the other brands, but mine works & I never have to worry about where I put it & whether anything will scratch it. That peace of mind is worth paying for.

I would be interested in hearing how you get on with other brands & if you have to take them off, whether they leave a mess behind etc.