Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macman4291

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
Ive never bought or used a Zagg Invisible shield....Are they worth it...And has anyone ever taken one off...do they peel off all the white print on the back of the Ipod...thanks

dmcman73

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2008
I have the Invisible shield on my new iPod touch 2g. The one I bought was for the older iPod touch and it only had it for the screen, it did not come with the back. They are taking preorders here: http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield...es-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php for the 2G version and it has both front and back.

My thoughts on it? It was fairly easy to apply. Just make sure that there is no dust on the screen, wet your fingers with the solution it comes with prior to handling (so you don't get fingerprints on the sticky side) and wet the sticky side of the protector with the solution it comes with.

After applying it, I can say that it's great. It's not completely smooth and has some little bumps in it, kind of like the grain of leather. You don't really notice much unless light is reflecting off it and the screen looks great. They say that the "grain" is what helps prevent scratches.

I would recommend it over the other screen protectors for the mere fact that it is tougher. Other screen protectors I've had developed scratches on them after some time and I had to replace them with new ones, the Invisible shield will not scratch and will last a lot longer.

As for removing it, I peeled it back after a few hours after applying it just to see how easy it was. If you are going to take it off and re-use it, you have to be careful you don't stretch it out but otherwise, it does come off and it did not leave a residue.

sebast1anc

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2007
The invisibleshield is the best case I have owned for an iPod. you don't loose the thinness or the look of the ipod, and it still fits into any accessories that require docking of the iPod. It also makes the iPod easier to grip. I recommend the invisibleshield 100%.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.