Invisible shield full body + bumper question

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ajohnson253, Jul 15, 2010.

1. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

I just got my fully body invisible shield installed yesterday. The install man told me to wait 5 days before putting on the bumper. Thing is I don't want to wait 5 days. Is it safe to put it on now do you think? Have any of you done so?

2. chanerz macrumors 6502a

3. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Okay I'm assuming I'm good then. I'll put the bumper on, no more water bubbles or air bubbles. If there are problems there is a lifetime "warranty" or guarantee. I'll just have then fix it.

4. Sk8mfm macrumors member

Sk8mfm

i installed the maximum protection yesterday evening and put on my bumper case this morning!!

5. Timechaser macrumors member

About a week ago I installed the full body set on my husbands iPhone 4.

I used a hair dryer on med setting for about 30-40 minutes for each side to help cure the shields.

He then waited 24 hours before first using his bumper and so far he has had no problems with the edges lifting or shifting from the bumper going on or coming off.

I think the key is to make sure that the edges of the shield do not extend beyond the edge of the glass in the least little bit and be careful not to press too hard with the squeegy because that can cause some stretching along the edges and corners. I dont think stetched edges and corners will ever lay down properly no matter how long you wait for it to cure.

6. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

How's the bumper plus zagg holding up? Any lifting of the shield?

7. chanerz macrumors 6502a

i ditched the zagg+bumper coz it was peeling. now i have bumper+sgp. no peeling what so ever.

8. xraytech macrumors 68030

ZAGG + Apple Bumper = Lifterd Edges

At least for me. So I ditched ZAGG and applied Marware Overlays instead. ZAGG overlays are prone to lifted edges because they are just too pliable. Stiff plastic overlays are a better option IMHO.

9. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Thus far the protectors been holding up. Even though around the edges it's slightly had this look to it as if it could lift. It hasn't happened yet though. I'll just keep rockin the bumper+screen protector until it comes off or is no good. There is a warranty on the shields and there's an invisible shield kiosk at my local mall. So someone can just put another back on for me.

Has anyone had to do this yet?