Invisible Shield Full Body Dry install Iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Ferris23, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Picked one up at AT&T, thinking about returning it for the full wrap version. Just curious if anyone has used the dry install version

Thanks

2. metalblaze macrumors member

Expecting my shipment to arrive today...will see how it works out.

3. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

Cool, thanks. Tempted to rip it open and try but at 29.99 full retail I'd like some opinions first. (read: guinea pigs)

;)

I'm wondering if you can just use fluid and make the dry install a wet install if it's a pain in the ass.

4. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

I can't seem to find a single mention of the dry install version via google except for Zaggs site.

Strange...

5. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I believe it's new, so you probably won't find too much about it.

6. markthrash macrumors 6502

markthrash

I got an invisible shield for the front. Cost me $20, but I ended up not liking it and threw it away. lol
    I'll just hold off and wait for the regular screen protectors. The invisible shield is way too thick for my liking.

7. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

Yeah I don't blame you. I was going to try the front and stick with the back. The retina display is truly amazing, IS would kill it for me. The only thing I'll consider is a crystal shield ala Power Support or something.

8. ericwang macrumors member

Have you tried the Wrapsol? I have heard good things about it and am contemplating making a purchase. Its website also said that it apparently protects from drop damage as well.

9. Bloake macrumors 6502

Bloake

I just installed it. It looks great! Apart from the bubbles which I hope would subside in a few days. It leaves the edges exposed though... And the feel...slightly rubbery, but apart from it, I am happy. It's clear. The screen is just as crisp as without the protector. I'm just hoping that it'll heal itself.

10. Nic10 macrumors newbie

I'm usually a fan of invisible shield but I noticed faint vertical lines on the front shield..
    With the fine pixels the lines distorted the pictire and you got a rainbow effect on the line. Needless to say I took it off. I kept the back and sides (maximum protection) as the rubbery feel makes it grippy which I like.

11. JokerD macrumors member

Is the dry application the same feel as the wet app (rubbery)?

12. samsam1234 macrumors newbie

:mad: Do not buy this ****** product you would never be able to put it on the right way and even if you do it will have bubbles that would never go away. All in all you would be very unhappy with this product. i got 2 got screwed and wasted $60.00. I hate Zagg now. Never ever will I buy their product.

The application instructions are so poor wonder they gave their children to write as technical writers. I mean common man consumers are soending $30 for a peice of plastic that costs them not even $5.

13. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

Wow, thanks. I actually took it back. Too bad, but I've never been a big fan of IS.

14. aschulman macrumors newbie

I like my ZAGG invisible shield

My experience: Yes, it was challenging to install the invisible shield on my iPhone 4, partly because I didn't read the instructions very carefully.

Also, there did seem to be little bubbles left after installing it. However, as promised by ZAGG, all those bubbles disappeared within 24 hours as the film settled in, and I now have a beautifully protected iPhone with matte finish on the back and glossy finish on the front. The self healing technology of this film really seems to work, and I consider it money well spent. But trust me, you will have your doubts while installing it.

15. mbsaeger macrumors 6502

mbsaeger

I have the InvisibleSHIELD Dry also. I just wish I would've installed it better. :) The screen is crystal clear, and I love the matted back :)

16. acousticbiker macrumors 6502

Thanks for sharing. Am I understanding you correctly that the back piece of the dry install IS is matte/anti-glare? Does it have a cutout for the flash and camera?

17. mbsaeger macrumors 6502

mbsaeger

The back it matted, sort of makes the back look like leather (it's not the leather skin). It gives it texture, and I love it :) Yes, there are cutouts for the camera & flash. The only downside to the entire process is that you only get one shot. The upside is that the front is much clearer than the wet install, there is also no orange peal effect like the wet install. Great product, if you have a steady hand :)

18. acousticbiker macrumors 6502

Thanks, mbsaeger. Do you have pictures? I'm trying to understand what 'matted' means but I'm not sure that I do. I think of anti-glare when I think 'matte', but it seems like you're talking about the way it feels?

19. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

yup, I have the dry kit on mine. it turned out pretty nicely. the screen looks great. I don't have any pics of the back though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. mbsaeger macrumors 6502

mbsaeger

Here :) It's like a matted coat that is fingerprint resistant
    [​IMG]

21. acousticbiker macrumors 6502

Wow, thanks! That's totally unexpected. Is that area above the cameral lens/flash starting to come off? How was the installation process?

22. mbsaeger macrumors 6502

mbsaeger

I had the same reaction! I actualy love it. Yes, it is starting to come off above the camera, due to my extremely unsteady hand, and impatience to play with the phone :)

The installation is fine, but remember you only have one chance.

EDIT: Zagg offers a lifetime warranty, so i might have them send me another, and then send this back so i can get it on right. :)

23. jedmlee macrumors newbie

so is the zagg dry kind of like the wrapsol original??
    does the front screen protector from zagg still have the orange peel effect?
    by the way, your installation looks pretty flawless! good job

24. Hing macrumors regular

Do they sale it on zagg website for the dry install?

25. Hing macrumors regular