Invisible Shield HD full body: my thoughts

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ano0oj, Sep 30, 2012.

1. ano0oj macrumors 6502

Let me start off by saying that I don't like cases. Always preferred a naked phone. to properly describe the iPhone 5 invisble shield I have to go back to the iPhone 4 invisble shield full body.
    iPhone 4 invisble shield was ok at best because it would last 3-4 months before some peeling. And that was due to the amount of pieces involved in the full body. There were multiple side pieces which were more susceptible to peeling because that's where you grip your phone from.
    iPhone 5 invisble shield seems pretty solid so far. Now there is only 1 piece for the entire right side now, and even covers the entire sim card. The top piece is also now only 1 piece with the help of the headphone jack being moved to the bottom. Basically the sides are a huge improvement from the iPhone 4 IS.
    The HD screen protector is nice because its doesn't have the rubbery feeling of the original IS. It feels like glass and it is indeed worth it for the retina display because I notice zero difference in screen sharpness where on the iPhone 4, IS did effect the display a tiny bit. My only complaint is that they installed the case friendly screen protector which doesn't extend all the way to the sides(good alt. for those who want a case). So I'm waiting on IS to see if I can get that swapped out.
    The back piece is the original IS, which I don't mind because I like the extra grip it provides. But what helped was that simply the install was good. I had them do it this time and it turned out great. So if you plan on installing yourself, take some time to ensure that each piece is properly soaked, then flattened out when placing it. And let it dry in open air for at least 24 hrs...meaning no pockets

Cliffs: I like it, get it if you like a naked phone. Better than iPhone 4 IS.

2. Steve J0bs macrumors regular

I am right there with you! I wont be using a case on my iPhone 5. Why would i want a case that would make my 5 bigger than a 4(s)? I just applied the Invisibleshield HD (front and back) and it looks great! i highly recommend getting one. Now my phone can hang naked and still have some protection from the outside world!

3. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

I just wish zagg had better cuts not the entire camera section missing

4. Steve J0bs macrumors regular

I agree, it does seem a little cheesy that they cut it like that.

5. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Definitely considering a full-body wrap. Is Wrapsol updated yet? (goes to Google...)

Cliffs: Much like the cliffs at the would-be end of sentences requiring new paragraphs.

(I really forced that one. Wow.)

Imposter.