Invisible Shield High Definition Screen Protector on White iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by BlackBook88, Sep 22, 2012.

1. BlackBook88 macrumors member

I went to best buy today. They had a great selection of iPhone 5 accessories. I got the white griffin clear back white case and an Invisibile Shield HD screen protector. The screen protector looks amazing. Crystal clear and doesn't effect touch at all. Feels good to know my phone is protected but it still aesthetically looks great with the clear back case and screen protector. I recommend both.

2. MedicBMC macrumors member

I got the same case and screen protector. Very nice case....for the time being this will be sufficient until I can get my hands on an element case. The screen protector is great too it doesn't have that orange peel effect like other zagg products.

3. Fissure macrumors 6502

meh, I checked out the Zagg at my Best Buy. There is a large section top middle of the film that doesn't protect anything. It goes around the earphone and above camera. Kinda didn't make sense to me. I passed on it. I need to find something cheap until Power Support comes out with a set.

4. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

I bought it tonight, but am still trying to figure out if it feels like the glass. I don't want it to feel thick or sticky. I want it to feel as much like the glass as possible.

*havent installed it or opened the box

5. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

Agreed, WAY too big cutouts. And even the HD has some "orange peel." Returned.

6. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

I just installed it on mine. If it has any orange peel it's coming off. We'll see tomorrow.

7. meganator macrumors member

After 24 hours I couldn't stand it. Orange peel, rubbery feeling, screen was squeaky, the cut outs were weird. I don't think I can return it after installing, but oh well. Lesson learned.

8. Fissure macrumors 6502

If ou bought it at Best Buy they'll let you return it. I have before.

9. mpossoff macrumors 68020

The HD doesn't give that affect, you must have gotten the regular Zagg.

10. physicsguy13 macrumors 6502

physicsguy13

i put the HD on and after 24 hours it looks pretty good. The cut outs aren't perfect but this will be ok until Power Support gets theirs released.

11. CKtoph macrumors 6502

Agreed. Haven't gotten mine yet, but from my experience, the IS+Power Support combo has always been the best.

Hopefully, the IS HD doesn't have the orange peel effect. It hasn't in the past...

12. andyx3x macrumors 65816

I would be very surprised if Best Buy would let you return the shield after it's already been installed just because you don't like it.

13. ashley1496 macrumors regular

I've done it twice! They didn't care.

Yesterday I also bought same case and screen protector. I had best buy install it and there were two tiny bubbles and both have gone away. It does not have he orange peel effect at all. The screen feels a bit grippier on the touch which actually helps prevent my fingers from slipping. I like it.

14. tnhick macrumors member

I have the HD protector on my iPad, and I can say from using it, that it is much better than the original zagg screens. As for the feel, give it 48 hours, and then take some cleaning solution to it, that will take care of the rubbery feeling.

15. hpr macrumors newbie

I got a IS HD from Best Buy to put on my 5 and I have to say I am not that impressed with it. I had an original IS on a 1st gen iPod touch and the sticky feeling and orange peel were just horrible. The HD feels much better but still has slight orange peel which is the part that is bothering me the most. That and it seems the edges of the protector always stays sticky and attracts lint and dust to the edge.

Overall this might be returned and it is good to hear Best Buy should refund me without much hassle.

Both the Ghost Armor and the Spigen screen protectors look like they have no orange peel at all so I might try one of those out...

16. CKtoph macrumors 6502

That's the first I've heard about IS having the orange peel. Is it on the screen? I only use the Power Support screen cover since I haven't found that any of the screen protectors can compare. How's the back part?

Any pics out there that show no orange peel with Ghost Armor or Spigen?

17. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

I took it off. It's not as smooth as power support.

18. meganator macrumors member

Nope I got the HD. I even double checked after the orange peel showed up. It may be less than the regular Zagg but it is definitely still there.

19. jason2811 macrumors 6502a

1) Can someone explain what "orange peel" is?

2) Does the InvisibleSHIELD protect the sides of the phone which everyone claims is prone to scratching?

20. davistld01 macrumors 6502a

davistld01

"Orange Peel" is the look of the material when it's installed. It has a very slight ripple or texture to it...but the HD has much less than the original ZAGG screen protector (got it on my iP4s) or BSE skin.

And...no, it does nothing to protect the sides. Get a bumper case for that. :)

21. Jnava420 macrumors regular

Does GA protect the whole screen or is it case friendly as well?