Invisible Shield Install 13 Inch MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by redshovel, Jul 6, 2009.

1. redshovel macrumors 6502

redshovel

Right even after only sitting on my desk and having data and apps put onto it my new MPB showed one or two small scratches on the bottom. Ok what will the thing look like after being fired in and out of my bag all day I wondered - so I order an Invisible Shield by ZAGG.
    I ordered what I thought was the match for the latest 13 inch MBP that being a 'Invisible Shield for the Macbook 13'' Full Body 2nd Gen' - but I appear to be wrong. The thing more or less fits but some of the screw holes at the bottom get covered up and so would the headphone jack if I didnt cut that piece down to size. Also the larger bottom and top sections seem to have stretched when removing them from the backing sheet and hang a bit over the two edges. I have been forced to cut them down a little in order of them to fit.
    So have I purchased the right kit in the first place?? and if so am I just rubbish at installing it - cause it looks a bit crap on my new MBP to be honest

2. ordo1980 macrumors member

Hey man, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I only know because I'm getting ready to place my order. This is what you needed...\

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/apple-macbook-13-inch-3rd-gen-cases-covers-skins-shields.php

Unless it's too late, just send it back and exchange. But if you already cut it up, sounds like you have, then you may just have to make due with it. The only other thing you might consider is if you have some other electronics items that need covered... iphone, blackberry, ipods, etc., then just cut ur macbook shield up and use it for those items and then get the above shield for ur baby. I had an old ipod 30gb shield laying around and it was from so long ago I couldn't return/exchange, so I gave it to my brother and he cut it up and used it for his blackberry curve. Hope that helps.

3. redshovel thread starter macrumors 6502

redshovel

Ah right.....you do bring bad news :(
    New to the world of macs and I was pretty sure the new MPB I have was '2nd Gen'......wasnt aware there has already been 2 versions before this current one.
    Anyway I have indeed butchered the one I got....it will do the job for a while even though its a bit rough round the edges.
    As others told me when I got annoyed at the small scratches on the bottom of my MBP - Its a tool not a piece of art!!
    And what a tool it is :)

4. bugout macrumors 6502a

Zagg's customer service is one of the best out there.. Call and tell them what happened. I'll bet you they let you exchange.

5. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

Ditto. Give them a call and I'm sure they will help you out. When Apple announced the new Macbook Pros at WWDC, I immediately ordered the Invisible Shield, not knowing the bottom piece was different, so it would be here when I got the computer. When I found out about the difference, I called Zagg and they told me they would credit me and send out the correct one when it is released. They even told me to tell the post office to refuse delivery and send back to sender so I wouldn't have to repay for shipping. It must have just came out today, or during the weekend because I've been checking pretty much daily.

And don't forget about the 20% off code: ZAGG20

6. guthy-lux macrumors member