Invisible Shield = No Fingerprints

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThanatosId, Jul 13, 2007.

1. ThanatosId macrumors regular

ThanatosId

I'm sure I'm not alone in my obsessive compulsive treatment of my precious iPhone (especially the screen). Anytime I finish using or browsing through the many things my device is capable of (no need to focus on it's minor - and very fixable- omissions) I immediately use the included wipe to remove the smudges I have inevitably created... NO MORE!!!
    I installed the Invisible Shield today to ensure I wouldn't be the next unlucky poster sadly announcing the most recent scratch or chip. To my surprise (it hasn't been overly mentioned on this site) my iPhone no longer accumulates any fingerprints (well almost any)... AMAZING!!! I highly recommend the Shield. I can't say much about the scratch resistant part (no way am I performing the reviewers key or harsher tests), I believe their claims, and I will let time and use prove them wrong or right.

If others have used different covers, let us know how they measure up on the smudge test.

2. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Good to hear as my "Best Skins Ever" version came in today. Putting it on tonight.

3. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I see fingerprints and smudges on the crystal film, but maybe I just have really greasy fingertips :D

4. sWaltuo macrumors regular

I have been debating on buying an invisibleSHIELD ... does it get in the way of the multi-touch any? And can someone post pictures of the shield installed on the iPhone!

Thanks

5. ThanatosId thread starter macrumors regular

ThanatosId

It doesn't effect Multi-Touch at all. It does feel different though because the shield is not smooth like the glass, but that doesn't bother me at all.

6. bmustaf macrumors regular

Really like the Power Support shield...feels very similar to the screen and not nearly as much as of an oil magnet.

7. ThanatosId thread starter macrumors regular

ThanatosId

8. tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

same here man. my fingers slide better on it too:D

9. timmypv15 macrumors regular

I also have the invisibleSHIELD, and it is amazing. I also noticed that there were FAR less fingerprints, and I only really saw them when I looked at the screen at an angle. IT is true however, that it isnt' as smooth as glass, but the PRO's outweigh the CON's on this one.

10. elvingomez macrumors newbie

i just ripped mine off, my scren was rippley, not bubbles, just rippley

11. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

That invisibleShield looks pretty cool. I will have to remember that one when I get my iPhone in December (which is when my damned Verizon contract runs out)

12. ThanatosId thread starter macrumors regular

ThanatosId

Hey DeeFuzz,
    I was with Verizon. My minutes and data plan were $25 more than AT&T's identical plan for the iPhone. I figured "I could wait until my contract is up, but I'll actually save money in the long run if I cancel, and enjoy the iPhone in the meantime"($25 for 8 months = $200 rather than $175 for cancellation((in my case)). Just something to think about...

13. The Prise macrumors member

the invisible shied doesn't look so invisible. it kinda makes it look cheap. I prefer the crystal clear film. its washable. and even when i had it on there and a apple genius was looking at it he didn't notice it was on there till i told him i wanted to get it off before replacing my iphone.

id go with the crystal clear film plus the incase black sleeve. perfect combo.

14. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Don't like the feel or look. I love touching the glass and I still have no scratches after two weeks of just keeping it my pocket.

15. fart macrumors regular

does it cover the metal bezel? If not, anyone know a good "invisible shield" that does? interested in using it with my JamJacket

16. starlabs macrumors member

I love the Invisible Shield. After using on my gf's iPod Nano when it first came out, I have used it for pretty much every device that warranted a protective shield (digital camera, prior phones, etc), and WILL be using it for any device in the future.

It definitely protects against nicks and scratches. You'll still get smudging, but it's a lot less than without an Invisible Shield. It's relatively easy to wipe clean to boot.

For people who have not used this yet and are considering this there are some caveats though:

1) Application. It's not easy. It's similar to tinting windshields. If you're lucky, you can apply it on your first pass. But don't expect to. You'll probably have to do it multiple times before getting the correct application on. Two tips: make sure your hands and fingers and clean and wet them first before touching the shield, and make sure you have lots of patience. :)

2) It's not smooth. When it dries the shield has a small ripply/pockmarked look. But it's only visible when the display is off. Personally I don't mind it. YMMV.

3) Touchscreen still works perfectly. However the shield is a tad "grippier". Just a difference in feel. Personally I don't mind it. YMMV.

4) Make sure you clean (wipe) your shield often. All my devices with invisible shields still look great. However my gf's razr's shield turned slightly yellow and started to deform (she wasn't as thorough with her cleaning as I am). I'm assuming its the oils from your hands/face that's probably causing this.

17. Jeremy Gray macrumors regular

That's what I got too, I love mine. It works great and really helps alleviate the stress that comes with a naked screen. No more 'will it scratch?'

Everyone should protect the screen, seriously.

18. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I don't like the looks of the screen protectors at all. I even left the factory film over my screen for a few days and got rid of that. I like the look of the plain old screen, no protectors nothing.

As for fingerprints, I use an eyeglass cleaning cloth. It removes all fingerprints instead of simply smudging the screen like the included cloth the phone came with.

19. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

honestly, if I didn't know I put on my crystal film, I would have no clue it was there....unless you look carefully around the home button...

20. digitgirl macrumors newbie

I agree 100%
    I love my Invisible shield.