Invisible Shield - no solution

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by ChristopheJD, Sep 28, 2008.

1. ChristopheJD macrumors regular

has anyone bought and revieved an invisible shield for iPod touch 2g? Did yours come with a solution and rubber tool? I only recieved the shields.

2. California King macrumors 65816

You are definitely supposed to get the solution and squeegee tool.

3. ChristopheJD thread starter macrumors regular

I'm already disappointed in Zagg's service. Is there anyway the packages are sent split? If not, would you know how to mix a solution?

4. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Just use a baby shampoo and water. Its the same stuff they send u. JUst dont make it too soapy. Like a drop or two in a bowl filled with water. Use a credit card or something of that variant to squeegy it.

5. ChristopheJD thread starter macrumors regular

Will Dawn dishwasher soap do? I don't have baby soap. Haha.

6. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Hmmmm, it might. But dont make it too soapy or u will have stains under the screen. U can buy johnsons baby shampoo trial size bottle from walmart for like 50 cent.

7. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

i used palmolive with good results. i don't see why not. similar chemical base.

8. ChristopheJD thread starter macrumors regular

Alrighty, well I'll look around my house to see if there's baby shampoo anywhere. If not, then I might go out and pick it up. So just a couple of drops in a bowl of water?

9. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Yeh. Thats about right. Just make sure theres no suds. It doesnt need to be super soapy.

10. ChristopheJD thread starter macrumors regular

Well all I have is Dawn, and I put a drop into a spray bottle, with a lot of water. There's a little soap bubbles at the top, but its not too much. It'll probably settle down. What would you recommend applying first; the front or back? This is my first time doing this and since Zagg only gives you one set, what should be trialed on first?

11. Strategy macrumors member

I always do the back first since it scratches easier.

12. ChristopheJD thread starter macrumors regular

Well I was able to apply the Invisible Shield by mixing Dawn and warm water together. It took me an hour and thirty minutes because I was too lazy to get the blow dryer to do the sides. After I did get the blow dryer, I was able to get the sides to stick a lot better. Also, I got the back piece folded together by accident, and I had to peel it apart. I did have to remove the back piece a few times cause this red particle (which I have no clue where it came from) ended up sticking to random areas on the back piece. There's also one underneath the front shield, which I could not take out.

All in all, the Invisible Shield looks nice, but I refuse to do business with them again. I was only send the shields, and I had no way of registering the product because the number would have been on the box (I think), which I did not receive. I'll probably move on to Bodyguardz one of these days.

13. ChristopheJD thread starter macrumors regular

One more question. I just noticed that there's a red particle where the screen is. The solution and the protector is pretty much dry now. If I remove it, can I just wet it down with the homemade solution and apply it again? Or is it too late to do it?

14. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Its too late. It won't re-sticky, sorry :(

15. ChristopheJD thread starter macrumors regular

Already then. I really wish I had gotten BodyGuardz instead. I'm pretty sure with their positive feedback level, I would have gotten the complete set of stuff. Oh and an extra shield set. Ah well... I'll see if I can notice the red particle with the iPod on. I'll have to wait till tomorrow to see.

16. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

actually it will restick

your problem though is

a) you will stretch the shield ( it sticks on REALLY tight)
    b) there is no way to peel the shield without scaring it ( ie if you use your finger nail it will leave marks)

you have two options

a) live with it

b) remove it , send it back and try to apply a new one

17. whoisrhp macrumors member

Hey guys I bought stuff from Invisibleshield.com and also bodyguardz I notice how they say lifetime warranty and stuff, dr cabrera you mentioned that you can return the shields? so all I need to do is remove the shields from the item and send back the peeled off product and they will replace it for free if i messed up at IS? do i need to say something else besides that I messed up or that it peeled off or something on its own? Also do you have to pay some kind of shipping or restocking fee or somekind? and you can do the same thing with bodyguardz as well? just wondering since im not sure how this stuff works.. Also I bought bodyguardz for my ipodtouch 2nd gen and the front cover seems smooth but it seems like it has craters n stuff on the surface like it seems to have indents on surface in spots does anyone else experience that? thats weird.. my invisibleshield for my canon camera is smoooth and no craters.

18. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

Let me see if I can help you, as clear as possible

There are two separate conditions

A) Refunds ( If you are under 30 days)

Both companies accept returns for refunds but do not refund shipping costs.

Invisible shield

1) Contact Zagg for an RMA number here http://www.zagg.com/support/contact.php
    2) When you have get your RMA number send your Shield back
    3) You will receive a full refund

Bodyguardz
    1) Contact NLU http://www.bodyguardz.com/Ticket_New.asp
    2) When you have get your RMA number send your Shield back
    3) You will receive a full refund minus a$5 dollar processing fee, per order , not per item.

B) Replacements (starting day one, lifetime warranty)

Invisible shield

1. Contact Zagg here http://www.zagg.com/support/contact.php
    2. Pay $4 shipping for a replacement Shield
    2. When you receive the replacement shield you send the old one back
    3. You pay for the cost to ship the old shield back

Invisible shield

1. Go to NLU websitehere http://www.bodyguardz.com/Articles.asp?ID=147
    2. Register item, and then log in to choose replacement option
    2. Pay $5 shipping for a replacement Shield
    2. When you receive the replacement shield you send the old one back
    3. You pay for the cost to ship the old shield back

hope that helps

You do not need any reasons, they both offer a lifetime warranty, no questions asked.

19. ChristopheJD thread starter macrumors regular

If I ask for a replacement, send money for shipping, and don't sent the other shield back, is that stealing? Haha. Just a question, I don't plan on doing it.

20. whoisrhp macrumors member

You know i got the old model zagg invisibleshield I heard like starting sometime this month they came out with a new thinner clearer film do you think they will send me out that film or the old model? :(

21. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

You should contact customer support and see what happens

worse case scenario you will have to pay $4 + ship your old one back
    best case scenario they send you one for free

Both companies are pretty clear about this. If you ask for a replacement shield, and do not return your old shield, your lifetime warranty is over ( no more free shields)

22. ChristopheJD thread starter macrumors regular

I sent an email regarding my complaint. I have to say I am disappointed about not receiving the spray solution and squeegee. I think I would have avoided scratching the back shield with the credit card I used... But hey, I got the main part of the package; the shields.

23. whoisrhp macrumors member

does anyone know if invisible shield still takes like 2weeks for packages arrive that have the free shipping option? because when I ordered from zagg last time it took about 2 weeks and with bodyguardz it took like 3-5 days. I know this is a little off topic but gripwise IS is better than BG? so if im getting an invisible FILM protection for my DS Lite would IS be a better choice?

24. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

here is my review of several shields

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=569101

BSE and IS are the same material btw

and yes i prefer the grip of bse/is over BG... but zagg customer service blows

25. whoisrhp macrumors member

yah I read your review very nice bro :D 1 more question though, so BSE is not lifetime warranty and what not? So I can't just resend it back like zagg or BG? I have to buy a new one full price? or do they have the same kind of policy as well?