Invisible shield or speck

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lrhthe3, Oct 17, 2010.

1. lrhthe3 macrumors newbie

i have a macbook pro 15 in i5 and i want to protect it
    i m thinking about either the invisible shield or speck see thru satin.
    installation is no problem for me
    i do like the look of the bare aluminum but if speck is better i will go with it
    i want to protect it from scratches and i will baby it too much to have a dent, but hey you never know
    so any reviews or advice would be appreciated
    thanks

2. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

my speck was very awesome never a problem and saved me from nasty marks 1000s of times.

3. Resist macrumors 68030

Which is better, is a subjective thing. It depends on what your needs are. A hard case also adds bulk. But obviously a hard case will protect better than a skin. Each has their good and bad points, it's a trade off.

4. nagusjim macrumors newbie

I have absolutely loved the invisible shield stuff. I would totally use it again. Never used speck, though, so I can't suggest one over the other.

5. mpdonlanjr macrumors newbie

i somehow got a dent in my macbook after like the third day of having it guess when i put it in my backpack with my recording stuff for my band but since then it annoyed me so i got a speck adds a little bulk to the case you can find it on amazon for around $35

It gives you a piece of mind and the speck customer support is top notch so if you have any issues with the case more then likely they will send you a replacement.

the only downside to the speck case is that it too scratches and will show finger prints and smudges.

6. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

7. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

speck ... you can easily remove it if you want to get naked

then put it back on when going out

plus it gets the job done

8. Resist macrumors 68030

What case doesn't? But I would rather have scratches and finger prints on my case than my laptop.

9. JodyK macrumors 6502a

JodyK

I personally have had the invisible shield on a MBP and then used the speck neoprene zip case. I loved the invisible shield. After about 2 years of heavy use the corners on the screen were starting to peel (Zagg will replace this with a new one if you request). I sold it so I pulled the Invisible Shield off (was a little tough to get off as it had been on there for so long) and it looked just like I pulled it out of the box!

I have an invisible shield on my iPad and iPhone ... Good stuff in my opinion.