Invisible Shield Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by rlp92, Jul 7, 2008.

1. rlp92 macrumors newbie

So im not sure if i should order an invisible shield along with my ipod touch that will be comming. Ive heard from many people that the invisible shield makes the screen so its not as smooth as it is originally. Then ive heard that it feels just as it was before. Which of these is true??

Thats my #1 Concern.

2. maximus96 macrumors 6502a

maximus96

the screen is plenty smooth. after tossing the touch in my pocket for the last 10 months, there is zero scratches, nicks, or marks in the front of back because of the shield. i used the shield from bestskinever. i then used the "real" invisible shield for my voyager and they felt exactly the same.

3. drir1990 macrumors member

It is not as smooth. I think it feels better and gives you better control, but if you like the smooth feeling of the glass then you won't like the Invisible Shield.

4. linden macrumors regular

linden

It feels wonderful on the screen. Its much smoother then the glass for sure. Get the sheild. Its wonderful and very hard to scrach!

5. drfp25 macrumors member

I have it on my phone and the screen feels fine.

6. Bambeezer macrumors regular

It's like anything new. Once you get used to it, it's no big deal. I like the grip the shield provides and I'm used to the feel on the screen.

:D

7. drfp25 macrumors member

the most important thing is how well it protects your touch and I think the invisible shield does an amazing job. I have it on my blackberry also.

8. imfrog2002 macrumors 6502

It's not QUITE as smooth, but it's very close. It's smoother than dealing with cuts. My iPod touch is still as awesome looking as it was the day I bought it. I'd HIGHLY recommend it it to anybody. Also, they have amazing customer support. Their main office is just around the corner from my house, and I can go in there whenever and they are willing to put it on, and give me a new one, for just half the normal install cost, and I don't mess it up that way. ;) Like I said, it's worth it.

9. thenewguy macrumors regular

what's the best place to buy one of these? Sounds like a good idea.

Or is there any more rigid/protective case (like the slider case) that comes with the shield for the front?

10. drfp25 macrumors member

I have bought mine from their website: zagg.com

11. nintendofreak93 macrumors regular

i have a question about this "case", also. Do you need an additional, say, leather case or anything additional? or no? and how fast do they ship?

12. OffBrand macrumors member

Someone mentioned Best Skins Ever. I have one for my player. I don't how Invisible Shields are different, but a BSE is less expensive if that's a consideration.