Invisible shield - Review 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bbplayer5, Aug 23, 2008.

1. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Ive had 3 different shields on my phone (BodyGuardz, BSE, and now invisible shield).

First off, all 3 are a pain to install and require a lot of time and patience. They should be installed in the bathroom with a very hot shower running to trap the dust and keep it from floating around and attaching to your film.

That being said, Invisible Shield is definitely the best solution. It fits the phone absolutely perfectly, and you can hardly see it. I only applied the back film because I like static shields for the front. There are no bubbles at all, and the corners went down perfectly after using the palm of my hand to mold them. You have to wait around 20 minutes for the corners to dry before you can put them down, but after that they stick great.

This shield is also far more scratch proof than the other two. BSE and BG i could scratch with a key... But not this!!!

Application: 3/10 - pain in the butt
    Looks: 10/10
    Protection: 10/10

Also adds a considerable amount of grip.

Highly recommended if you are into this type of protection for your phone. Hand it to someone, and they wont even know you have it on!!!

2. justinreclicks macrumors newbie

as far as i know, BG and IS are out of same material...
    so it sounds weird IS is more scratch proof
    well i could be wrong just my thoughts

3. anbshilling macrumors newbie

I originally purchased IS for my phone, but sent it back before ever installing the back because I read that the back doesn't completely cover the chrome bezel. How does yours fit? I wasn't crazy about the orange peel look in the front, but I did love the feel of it. I'm using BG now and have been pleased so far. It covers 'most' of the bezel. I called and they are sending a new back for free because I thought it was supposed to cover the entire thing. They have GREAT customer service.

4. myemaildw macrumors regular

Invisible shield DOES NOT fit perfectly on iphone 2G. Buttons are mismatched both on front and back. May be 3G is different but still the front protector is not great, its blury if you try to reflect something on it cause the surface ain't flat like an actual iphone screen. Look at it and tell me how well can you see the reflection of a lamp on it.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      639.3 KB
      Views:
  5. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

there are apparently two cuts of the IS the "old cut" for the 3G doesn't fit right so they re-did it. I have the old cut so I emailed them and they told me to send them a copy of my receipt (purchased at a zagg mall cart) and they said they would send me a new one free of charge. I know that there are two because when I got it installed at the mall cart I overheard them talking about old ones and new ones and they were saying something about using up the old ones. I did some research to find out what OLD meant and thats when I decided to get mine replaced. I'll let you know how the new one fits when I get it.

6. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

Like I said, I only put the back on because I like the static ones on the front. The chrome is covered for the most part, I could have done a better job with it. If you do it properly yes, it will cover all of it. You have to really make sure it spreads even over the chrome and I wasnt patient enough ;)

Not to mention I really didnt care about chrome coverage, I just wanted the back covered since I lay it down a lot. The chrome wont really get much on it due to having nothing in my pocket with my iphone.

7. myemaildw macrumors regular

I also like the way it covers chrome on the back and it's great as it has more grip but that's if not to take into account that buttons holes on the sides don't match the camera hole on the back. Overall I would give 3 out of 5 to IS cause holes do not fit the buttons. What have they been thinking when they were doing this cover i dont' know.

8. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

My holes fit the buttons well. Camera is a little off but you can hardly even see the skin there so I dont mind.

9. dauerhippo macrumors regular

Just wanted to put in my .02$

the Shield from sgpstore.com is also grippy, goes down perfectly, only leaves a tiny sliver of corner uncovered, and has separate strips for the chrome. I had bodyguardz before, and I agree with OP, that the bodyguardz scratches easily. The shield does not.

Here's a link to my thread about it:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=549435

10. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

the front cover bugs me cause it doesnt cover the whole screen not to mention the back was so hard to put on i cut the edges then finally took it off and threw it in the trash.