Invisible shield users

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Snowmang, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Snowmang macrumors newbie

Did you put the piece on the battery? (macbook)

I'm curious, I applied the full body but I'm wondering if it's worth it to cover the battery and possibly raise temps... and for that matter, protecting the bottom of the laptop. Seems like it could be counter productive to place a piece of plastic on the bottom, which would in theory make it run hotter.

Thoughts?

2. iJimmy macrumors regular

iJimmy

I took the invisible shield off macbook after having it installed for over a year.

I don't feel a difference in temperature on the battery.

3. Snowmang thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm.. maybe I'll leave it on then.

Well since you brought it up, how hard was it to remove the IS? What did you do exactly?

4. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

It's really thin so I doubt it interfering to a noticeable level. Think about those that have the hardcases [​IMG]
    I never hear much in the way of heat complaints....way thicker than the Invisible shield too.[sorry bout oversized image]

I'm thinking of getting InvisibleShield only because I've had a white MB for about 6 weeks, I've cared for it yet there are scratches, not deep, gouged scratches but very small surface marks that I cannot clean off, even have a couple small dents on the palm rest ...I , I ...just can't believe it... talk about shocked I just don't know how they could have got there....why don't they make stuff that isn't so, well...delicate?.

Anyway yeah...get it , well worth it from what I can tell...I'm buying ....something Invisible Shield like should really be fitted into the case via better materials @ the factory .

5. iJimmy macrumors regular

iJimmy

It wasn't hard to take it off.

Start with the corners and pull slowly.

6. Snowmang thread starter macrumors newbie

That's a good point about the hard cases.

Yeah I hear you about the scratches, I had a few on my brand new macbook taking it out of the box, not super noticeable but they were there. I applied the IS as soon as I made sure everything on the machine was good to go.

7. Snowmang thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh ok, thanks!