Invisible shield VS Body Guardz: and detail your answer and experience!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by preguntonontrac, Jul 12, 2008.

?

Which one is better for you?

1. Invisible Shield

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Bodyguardz

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

Vote and reply in a detailed way what you know or experienced using one or both in the following topics:

-Looks
    -which one is more "clear or not noticible"
    -Longitivity (how long stays on)
    -How firm stays
    -Dust getting under it?
    -Durability
    -Performance
    -When removing it any mayor or minor effects on the phone and how is resolved or if it stays like new
    -compare them if posible! with cons and pro!

Thanks!

2. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

Bodyguardz is the only one I have experience with.

Clearer than IS according to a reviewer.
    Looks fine.
    Stays on as long as you want if you put it on well.
    Dust only gets under if you put it on crappy.
    Durable as hell.
    Performance ????
    No ill effects when removed.

3. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

4. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

5. gillett macrumors newbie

I've got a full-body IS for my 2G iphone and I've got mixed opinions on it. First off, on the screen when its black, you can see tiny little almost wave-like bumps where the cover is, but when the screen is on you see nothing so it's really no big deal. Putting it on though, that was pretty hard. For the corners they give you 2 flaps and a teardrop-shaped piece to go between them, where the rounder part of the teardrop is the large back piece has pulled away a little on all 4 corners and there's some dust stuck to it :( Same thing happened on the 2 small pieces that go over the chrome on the top and bottom of the screen. But I will say I love the texture of it vs the caseless iphone, the IS has both a very smooth feel, but if you grip a little tighter feels like there's nothing in the world that could pull it out of your hand. The only real complaint I have about it is it's not as "scratch-proof" as they say. In my testing of it (because I was smart and picked the direct center of the screen to do it) it scratched fairly easy with one of those 15 cent clear plastic ball point pens. I took the cap and rubbed it over the screen with a very little bit of force, and it seems I rubbed part of the top of the case off, it's no longer shiny like the rest (and quite visible when the screen is showing white), but it didn't exactly scratch.

6. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

7. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

I have a IS on my iPod touch, the full body one. Yes it's a little hard to put on, but the application fluid makes it easier to apply as you can correct yourself before your done. When I tried scratching it, it did leave a mark on the skin, but it did not pierce it. Like scratching the skin of an orange, it leaves a mark but it does not pierce it. In my experience I have had the skin catch some dirt in my pocket, thus starting to peel back itself. It does grip a little better, although this doesn't help when your using the screen as it grips your fingers too much when sliding to unlock for example.

8. Zuhair macrumors newbie

I opted for Gadgetshieldz instead of Body Guardz because I couldn’t afford spending $25 on a piece of plastic and that worked out great for me because its literally the same material. Its tough, scratch proof and my keys haven’t been able to damage my device as yet. My friend’s Body Guardz protection offered nothing more than this…other than the fancy packaging. :D

9. Apple Guru macrumors member

I would go with Best Skins Ever. I think they are cut better then the rest. It's still clear as bodyguardz, but seems to cover more of the phone.

10. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

@ Zuhair - Thank you so much for searching! If only more people would do this.

@ OP - Even though statistically you probably don't even come on here anymore, you would have gotten a lot more responses in the iPhone Accessories forum. In fact, I believe there's already a very thorough review right here.

Hope that helps.

11. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Best Skins Ever or Wrapsol, ignore the rest.

I'd go into detail but if you did a search in this forum you would see this topic has been covered quite well.

12. Zuhair macrumors newbie

Not sure I'm so good with the search button so if you can guide me it'd be great. I may be buying a new one for my PSP and good recommendations would help. As for gadgetshieldz, I think it betters bestskinsever by offering free delivery as well. I've never heard of the other one you mentioned.

13. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Best Skins Ever has the best cuts and best customer service. Don't be swayed by free shipping. Trust me, you won't regret going with BSE.

Search is located up top under forum tools I believe.