Invisible Shield & white iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nwmtnbiker, Apr 30, 2011.

1. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Has anyone tried a invisible shield on the white iphone yet? Was gonna go get one today but just wanted to hear. I notice that they have a new one out that isn't suppose to smudge?

2. sordan macrumors member

Bought my white iPhone 4 on Thursday along with a full body invisible shield. The AT&T sales rep put it on for me for free and he did a fantastic job. There was some minor air bubbles Thursday night and yesterday but they have since completely faded. I can barely tell its there. Was definitely worth the $30.

3. italeki macrumors regular

Yeah, but does it protect the iPhone 4 if it's dropped by mistake?

4. sordan macrumors member

From scratches? Yes. From glass shattering? I highly, highly doubt it.

5. nwmtnbiker thread starter macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Thanks for the input I'm gonna head over and get one today.

Of course it doesn't protect from a drop lol… It's a shield! But it does give the phone a more tactile feel.

6. sdmcwilliams macrumors member

sdmcwilliams

7. nwmtnbiker thread starter macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Phatom skins look good have to check those out next. Nice that they come with the sides too! I already was out getting invisible shields…

So after install a few hours ago I received my 1st phone call and noticed that when I held the phone up to my face the backlight didn't go off. Did a reset and tried a couple more calls just putting my hand over the sensor and doesn't go off during a call after installing shield… Anybody else have that problem with a shield?

8. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

i got the white iphone and i wanted something like this due to me wanting to show off the white iphone lol . i got the invizashield front and back and its definitely worth it!

i love the white iphone :D

9. EvoNiner1986 macrumors regular

Never had that problem with mine...my wife either. That's definitely not due to the shield, or shouldn't be atleast.

10. openendstraight macrumors regular

openendstraight

No, it only helps if it is dropped on purpose.

11. nwmtnbiker thread starter macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Weird I'm positive it was working before installation. Thanks for the replies I'll give it some time ands see if it resolves itself.

12. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

skins never look good on white products... although it protects from scratches you'll see dirt accumulate around the edges since the phone is white

13. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

It will only protect it from scratches. You're SOL if you drop it.

14. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

i don't know. just something about having 15 pieces of clear plastic stuck to my phone. you know all those edges will collect dirt and start pealing over time. I think i'd just get a bumper and get on with it.

15. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

The skin will get dirty and discolour a white iPhone (Happens on black too but of course, can't see it.

[​IMG]

16. nwmtnbiker thread starter macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

So this morning my proximity sensor was still not working. I ended up peeling the top of shield off just to the sensor and making a call and holding my finger over it and it worked. I just ended up cutting a section where the proximity sensor is and re-applying the invisi shield. I find it weird that no one else has had that problem… Oh well white iphone with a frankenstein shield :rolleyes:!

17. sdmcwilliams macrumors member

sdmcwilliams

I only use the front and back pieces.

18. clovis112 macrumors regular

I actuAlly had this problem but not from invisible shields though. I have the back and white combo (black rubber, white plastic) otterbox defender case and i thought i have a faulty proximity sensor. it drove me nuts to the verge of exchanging it for a black one!

I took the transparent plastic that covers the proximity sensor and it worked!

I guess the white iphone has a very sensitive sensor.

19. nwmtnbiker thread starter macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I have a Otterbox Defender I'll try on later and see if that interferes on mine too. I'm sure it will since the invisi shield did.

I emailed Zagg and informed them of my problem I'll see what they say in a few days.

20. clovis112 macrumors regular

Yeah i ended up removing the little plastic that covers the front camera and the proximity sensor.

21. carreragt7 macrumors regular

This. It makes you want to replace the invisibleSHIELD much more often since it makes the phone look old or dirty unless you clean it on a very regular basis. Even then, the invisibleSHIELD (or any clear protector I know of) does yellow over time from the sunlight so it will be more noticeable on the white iPhone.

I had a converted white iPhone 32gb on T-Mobile for about 6 months, and replaced the skin on a monthly basis due to the wear.

Got TONS of compliments from guys and girls on the phone, but I got it because I liked the color and how it looked in my Atomic case.

22. johnsonroda27 macrumors newbie

im having the same issue i just called zagg and they said they havent had anyone else say that.. so im glad im not the only one.. maybe you should call them too so they can figure out its definetly a problem..

23. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Don't do it. The invisible shield yellows and you'll end up with a very ugly iPhone.

24. truss009 macrumors newbie

Just picked up my white iphone from Verizon and got the screen protectors from the store (PureGear) the guy installed it for me in 2 mins. The proximity sensor is working fine, and the screen darkens whenever I make a call. Hope this helps.

25. tobejs macrumors newbie