Invisible Shield

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Madrid, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Madrid macrumors member

I wanted to pick up an invisible shield for my new 13' Macbook Pro and I just wanted to know what peoples experiences have been with it. Im just worried it can overheat because I was reading online and it said that could happen if I applied the invisible shield to it. Thanks :)
    Btw if anyone has an 50% off discount codes could you PM me please I would REALLY APPRECIATE IT ALLOT! Thanks

2. Typswif2fingers macrumors 6502

Mate I got it on my MBP. Tbh I never noticed any overheating problems.. Although, I have to admit that I don't really do any "heavy" stuff on my notebooks... I think it is a handy and clean to provide scratch resistance etc. It is not as clunky as the hard cases.. However, the clunkier the case is, more protection it provides.. so.. its a personal thing I suppose.

3. Madrid thread starter macrumors member

I see what your saying well I was originally gonna order a speck hardshell case for it but then i began to hear people complain that the bottom would get stuck with dust if you didn't clean it allot and it would leave permanent damage. SO thats why I was thinking of doing a invisible shield and hardshell case but i think that would damage my macbook pro wouldn't it because it wouldn't get ventilated right

4. Typswif2fingers macrumors 6502

I also have a hard case.. indeed I've heard the "itchy and scratchy" stories with dust and other stuff inside hard cases... But, mate I think a common sense prevails.. take the notebook out and give a nice soft cloth (and/or iKlean) clean every now and then..

I usually chose to clean my hardware every time the need to find an excuse to do some real household chores... :)

5. Madrid thread starter macrumors member

True true is it true its really hard to take off the hardshell case?

6. fingerman macrumors member

The lid off the Speck it harder to take off than the lower base section, but you should never really have to remove the lid - just use a credit card or similar plastic item.

Anyway the lower section is real easy and I remove mine every few weeks to give it a bit of a clean.

The thing is - the outer case of my Speck is really scratched and without it would have definitely made an impression on the MBP

7. Madrid thread starter macrumors member

So you would recommend me getting it? Like I just don't want it to scratch my macbook pro

8. ThirtyThr33 macrumors 6502

ThirtyThr33

Just get a hard case and clean it every once in a while. It's not hard. Just take it off, blow it off, put it back on. 2 second process and protects your MacBook a lot better than a layer of fancy seran wrap.