"Invisible" windows when swapping desktops

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by SgtP3pp3r, Jul 26, 2011.

1. SgtP3pp3r macrumors member

I'm having a weird issue with the multiple desktops on lion.

I have different apps assigned to different desktops, including the finder. However, sometimes the windows become "invisible". When i click the icon in the dock to go to the open app, it moves me across the desktops, but i can't see the apps window.
    If i switch desktops using the swipe gesture, i can get a glimpse of the window while the swap is occurring. But then it becomes invisible again. To make it visible, i have to right click the application's icon and assign a different desktop, or assign to all desktops.

Then the window becomes visible again (until it randomly happens later on).

In the end, i can always make the windows visible by assigning and unassigning it's default desktop... however i don't think this is the way its intended to work.

This issue happens principally when using the finder, but has also happened while using Parallels.

Is this happening to anyone else? or is it an isolated issue with my installation?

I really don't wanna have to do a clean install and reinstall everything.

2. Ropie macrumors regular

Ropie

What applications are we talking about here? I would imagine that's where the problem lies, not with Mission Control. For example, Vectorworks (CAD) has never liked spaces and its functionality has always been glitchy when switching spaces with it open.

3. SgtP3pp3r thread starter macrumors member

It most often happens with Finder, but also happens with Parallels Desktop.