Invisibleshield a Glass on iPad Air 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RedlegsFan, Sep 10, 2015.

1. RedlegsFan macrumors 6502

I always get their screen protectors. Since there was no air 3 update yesterday I'm going to sell my Air 1 and upgrade to the 2. I know the Air 2 has the special screen coating on it. Does the glass screen protector affect the screen quality in any way on the Air 2 specifically?

2. newellj macrumors 601

I have an Air 2 with a glass screen protector. I have one on my Mini 2 and also had one on my Air. I would say that the glass screen protector largely eliminates the advantages (and the disadvantages) of the AR coating on the Air 2. I didn't find the AR coating very effective in eliminating reflections and the tint bothered me from time to time, depending on viewing angle and lighting. The glass screen protector preserves the silky feeling (sorry...) of the glass screen and provides a useful degree of protection, so I'd say go for it.

This is the one I have/have had on all three. It has performed beautifully and comes with a pair of suction cup "handles" to help position the screen protector accurately. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GPAFHIO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00