InvisibleShield by itself?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by SChaput, Jul 3, 2008.

1. SChaput macrumors regular

I was looking into what kind of case to put my future iphone in and ive heard many great things about InvisibleShield, and the incase slider.
    At the moment i am leaning more towards the invisibleShield only because id rather have my iphone look as 'out of the box' as possible and i'm afraid any other case will make it look bulky. However, i was also wondering if the IS would protect my iphone well enough, or if i should do some sort of combination of IS and incase. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. helloadam macrumors member

The IS will protect your phone from scratches so it'll always look brand new but you won't have any drop protection.

3. ratbatblue macrumors 6502

Some things to keep in mind:

1. The Invisible Shield isn't even close to invisible. I wasn't happy with the way it made my iPod look, so I returned it. Zagg was very nice about it.
    2. The IS isn't paper-thin, and I have my doubts as to whether the Incase Slider, which fits quite tightly (at least on my iPhone 1.0) would fit over it.
    3. The IS is a b---h to apply.

Having said all that, I'm going to get one for my iPhone 3G and check it out, because of that new plastic back. But I already have the return envelope ready! :rolleyes: