Invisibleshield Comes with Scratch

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by qpiqp, Jul 24, 2012.

1. qpiqp macrumors member

Jul 7, 2012
    I was installing a Zagg Invisible shield onto my friend's iPad and it immediately had scratches once I put it on. I'd hate to think that I scratched it, mainly because it is scratch proof. Also, I don't know how I would have scratched it being that the only thing that touched the screen was the provided microfiber cloth (I was using it to cover the squuegee). Also, I don't think I ever Squuegeed out the water in that direction. Is it possible the screen protector came faulty?
  2. noteple macrumors 65816

Aug 30, 2011
    Are the scratches in the shield you installed. Could be a defect I would give Zagg a call
  3. qpiqp thread starter macrumors member

Jul 7, 2012
    Yes the scratches were on the screen. Thanks for the advice, I was just wondering if anybody has heard of something similar though.
  4. Che Castro macrumors 603

May 21, 2009
    I had a scratch on one of mine brand new out the package, send them an email , they should send you another free
  5. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Feb 9, 2011
    They are scratch resistant. However, they are not unscratchable. Get it replaced. It has a warranty and if you're paying for a Zagg then make use of the warranty as it's one its benefits.

Absolutely. Any product can have defects.
  6. LittleGwen macrumors 6502

Jul 25, 2012
    They should def. send you a free one with no charge.