invisibleshield discount?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iJimmy, Mar 20, 2008.

1. iJimmy macrumors regular

iJimmy

i know invisibleshield was running a 50% discount for the pass few weeks. would anyone happen to know the discount url? or know if they're still running the promotion? i've been searching for the pass 30 minutes for the promotion link.

thanks in advance

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

that redirects to the main page.

I'm almost positive that this offer expired

3. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

Go back and click on any specific item and it'll show a price in red that has a strike through it and the 50% off price next to it.

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

wow...i stand corrected...

one loves the place of tubes

5. MacGuy35 macrumors member

is it better to get a case or this invisibleshield?? I take VERY good care of my products btw

6. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

I'd probably go with the front-only invisible shield AND a PDA-style case, because the back shield is apparently hard to install and seems a bit unnecessary IMO. If you had to choose one or the other, go with a case as it would offer a bit more protection.

7. trogdor! macrumors regular

Yah, I scored a couple full body IS with that 50 percent off promotion. It was very nice as I think 25 bucks is a bit steep for the product. Adds great grip and basic protection all around. The front goes on easy, but the body part is a pain in the butt to get straight. You really want to make sure you got at least an hour or two to devote to installing the IS. At least that was my experience.

8. Diveflo macrumors regular

Oh crap...just ordered there yesterday. Tryin' to cancel my order now...
    Thanks ^^

9. iJimmy thread starter macrumors regular

iJimmy

Thanks alot I couldn't find find it anywhere. The trick to installing the IS is to submerge the shield in water (in the sink) and wet the surface on which you're item. I've installed 3 iPhone fullbody's, 1 fb touch, 1 2g nano and about to install a mb. Patience is the key

10. southbark macrumors regular

just ordered a macbook pro full body at half price

11. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

BSE's full body for MBP is even cheaper than IS's 50% discount. I was considering buying it from IS but shipping ruined the deal.

12. murc585 macrumors regular

is the iphone invisible shield more matte or glossy
    I just bought one for $7.50 off the site without thinking about that. will it track a lot of fingerprints?

13. DaveWonders macrumors regular

Murc - It is a bit glossy. It's funny, it makes it looks almost like a fake cardboard iPhone cut out. But I have no finger print issues. Nor is the glossy-ness a problem while using the phone, the main difference is while the screen is off.

With the discount I picked up a Nintendo DS screen cover, iPod screen cover, and one for a Touch for a friend. All under $20, so thank you for the link!

14. Draddy macrumors regular

? An hour? it took me maybe 15 minutes.... just make sure you use enough of the spray (that comes with it), you can put it on and slide it where ever you want.

The only thing you gotta do, is on the back, get the back streight, wrap it around and make sure it is all lining up right, (camera hole, sides etc.) and then squeegy the back flat part..

Then just leave the corner flaps up until they dry and will stick down...

it really was very simple...

I was very disappointed with the screen protection btw... I had the 15 dollar anti-glare sheild on it, and took it off thinking the IS would be better.... but it was horrible... it smeared all of the time, and unlike the anti-glare, it was very very abrasive, made it real annoying to scroll up and down... I ended up pulling it off and buying another 15 dollar package of anti-glare shields at the apple store.

15. oldimac macrumors regular

Discount is still there - just ordered two for my iPhone which is IN transit as we speak from a very nice ATT store in New Hampshire.

My friend said the guy was very nice including the store tele number and his own cellphone in case I had a problem "activating" it - feel bad - the dawg doesn't know it's going to T-Mobile. :eek:

16. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

does anyone know how fast is shipping? I'm opting for the free ship but it says 1-2 wks. what's the true delivery time?

17. iJimmy thread starter macrumors regular

iJimmy

i usually receive them within 3 business days.

18. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

Thanks! I guess I'll order it tonight then. :)

19. Lucky736 macrumors 6502a

Lucky736

20. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

20% off BestSkinsEver. Code: BBNEWS54

21. MedinaJ78 macrumors newbie

Just finished installing BSE on my Unibody MBP. Looks great so far. Still waiting the 24 hour period, before I turn it on.

The top once installed I think may have stretched a bit, and one of the corners is pushing out past the edge. Maybe as it dries it will shrink down juuuust enough to bring that edge back in. If not, I will have to shave it somehow, carefully to prevent it from beginning to peel off from that area.
    I will try to post pictures.
    Dealing with the sides wasn't any fun as is, so looking at the other brands and the details they provide, sounds like too much effort.

My MBP will also be inside a Booq Vyper M3, so the majority of it is protected.
    My Vyper M3 should be here soon.
    It would be nice to find some sort of a small ballistic nylon type case to hold some accessories, like my travel mouse, Power supply, and small accessories of the sort.

22. Bdubb macrumors regular

Bdubb

[​IMG]

I tried to put my own I. Shield on and this was the result, I thought I save a few bucks by ordering it online and doing it myself, but I think I should've gone to the mall and got the retailer to do it for me.

I did a terrible job, not only air pockets (bubbles) also trapped dust particles , I will leave it on for now i guess till I get a chance to go to the mall and get a "pro" to do it:(