Invisibleshield DRY Back Only

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by navigates, Jul 6, 2010.

1. navigates macrumors 6502a

I've purchased the following:

invisibleshield front and back full body
    Invisibleshield DRY fullbody
    SGP STEINHEIL ULTRA OLEOPHOBIC.

Below are my views.

Invisibleshield front and back full body available at zagg is just not right. I've applied 2 of those on my two phones and both seem to have the same issue of the back not sticking on. The front has the Orange Peel effect.

Invisibleshield DRY has an excellent Frosted BACK but the same usless orange peel front.

SGP STEINHEIL ULTRA OLEOPHOBIC for the front. EXCELLENT PRODUCT. No Haze. People can't even notice its on the screen. Just an Awesome product. In my opinion its better than powersupport. Have been a powersupport fan since the early days. Lets see what they come out with but the SGP for front is the best to date.

Question is Does any one know if I can buy the frosted back on the invisibleshield DRY. I'd like to use the combo of the DRY Frosted Back and keep the SGP in front. Are there any other products with the frosted back?

2. AJerman macrumors member

If you have issues with the invisibleshield not sticking or having an orange peel look, then I have to unfortunately inform you that you did it wrong. I've been using them for years on several phones, including my iPhone 4, and I've never had either issue, certainly not coming off after it has dried. You may want to look at getting it installed professionally.

Edit: Let me rephrase since that came off a little more harsh than I meant. I'm not trying to be mean about it, but if your invisibleshield doesn't stick, then the install went wrong somewhere. I've never even began to think that mine would EVER come off unless I did some very good tugging on it, and even then it's been hard to remove in the past. The invisibleshields do have a slight texture to them when the device is off and you look at an angle, however, it's never ever been noticeable to me on any device that I've had one installed on. I'm talking about the wet application versions of course. I've never used or even seen the dry application versions.