InvisibleShield Dry Return

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jedivulcan, Oct 12, 2010.

1. jedivulcan macrumors 6502

I bought an InvisibleShield Dry (I had no luck with the wet version, peels right off so it's back to the company)

I thought the dry version would be a nice change and easier. Followed the instructions here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX8VWX-uoBg

I tried to return it but an AT&T corporate store gave me a hard time. Eventually, since I didn't have the original purchase card on me, did an exchange.

Basically, out of both of them... they both stuck to the paper backing of the sticker, rather than the alignment guide in the video and ended up sticking to my fingers. No liquid.. couldn't get it on... had horrible finger print smudges in the corners.

AT&T manager told me I had to take it up with the company even though they are the only distributer of the product to issue me a refund. (I don't want the product... if it's tedious, doesn't stick as followed).

Zagg says they don't do returns for products they don't sell.

I hate the product... both the InvisibleShield Dry + Wet versions. I heard good things about them... they just peel off easy... hard to apply or don't exactly peel off or go as described.

Manager told me during the exchange that it happens and I should live with the $30 loss. I've never been in this kind of customer service situation before. It's horrible.

An employee was fighting with me... saying I damaged it... it was done.. sorry, too bad, so sad.. you didn't like it but you bought it. He "talked" to the manager and offered me a 25% discount if I wanted to buy another (I'd just bought the first one an hour and a half before that)... I went and talked to the manager directly.

No idea what to do and I don't feel that I should buck up for a $30 loss.

Help?

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

You know what, I think that places like AT&T should actually train their staff to apply these things themselves. These sticker things can be a piece of junk to put on when you don't have steady hands and you have no experience. They're also REALLY expensive. I'd call the people who make InvisibleShield up and tell them what happened and they'll either explain to you what you're doing wrong, or send you a replacement. AT&T won't do anything because all their after is the commission they get from selling you the product.

3. Jay28 macrumors newbie

Zaggs have mall carts where they do on site installation and putting on zaggs have always been a pain. Also here is a 50% code for zaggs when ordering online 50sport.

4. mpossoff macrumors 68020

The Att store that I go to install any shield even the Zagg dry.

Marc

5. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

My sister had a Zagg installed on a brand new iPhone that she just walked out of the Apple store with (the booth was right across from store). The girl sprayed so much water on the phone to install it she triggered the water indicators. She tried to get the people at the booth to pay for a new phone but they refused. She took it right back into the Apple store and they gave her a replacement which was a total surprise. Point is, beware of allowing someone to spray water all over your phone.