Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

binaryskies

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Washington DC
Is anyone having issues with it? I installed two of them on my iPhone 5 and both cloud up and make the touchscreen hard to use after about an hour.

jredecop

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2009
Put one on my friends phone last night and it actually turned out great! Well see today.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I've tried over the years to add screen protectors on my phones, pdas etc.
In 100% of the time, I was unable to get it on straight, or bubble free or avoid having a speck or hair under the screen protector.

To that point, I get ghost armor put on for me. Not the cheapest but it looks great and they have a kiosk outside of my local apple store.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Unless they changed with the newest phone, the cloudy look should go away unless you used way too much soap. You literally only need a little soap. It should be a drop that's about 25% of the size of a dime. That's what as worked for me.

VinnyV

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2011
Could you post a pic or anything seems very interesting to me o.o have one coming . nothing but awesomeness from my past experience.

johnowenrichard

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2011
South Wales, UK
I had one professionally installed, its the first time I have used a screen protector but it seems to have been done well. It does add a bit more grip, which can be a small hassle when swiping on games. But overall its a really good product.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Is anyone having issues with it? I installed two of them on my iPhone 5 and both cloud up and make the touchscreen hard to use after about an hour.
I've installed a bunch of them over the years, but lately I've been using the HD and it seems to be much easier to install. You should consider it on your screen, and the Extreme on the rest of your phone.

Combat Shields

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2012
Worldwide
We can't speak for the Extreme line, but typically with the HD screens any tiny bubbles and screen haziness will go away within 48 hours. Just give it a little time.

GenderFi

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
So have you tried bashing it with a bowling ball or hitting it with a hammer like they show in their promo video? I just find it very hard to believe that they can do that with a .2mm thin shield to absorb all that energy.

kalexn

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
Texas
To that point, I get ghost armor put on for me. Not the cheapest but it looks great and they have a kiosk outside of my local apple store.

Did you have Ghost Armor put on the iPhone 5? I heard that the pieces were not the right shape and it was bad etc. I love the Ghost Armor on my iPad and was planning on getting it on my iPhone screen but now I am not sure. Thanks!

binaryskies

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Washington DC
Thanks for all the feedback. I am going to let it sit. I've installed several HD and Regular ones with Geek Squad and they all work nice. I may take your suggestion and return this if it doesn't clear up and go with the HD one. As for Ghost Armor, I haven't heard of it.

binaryskies

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Washington DC
So have you tried bashing it with a bowling ball or hitting it with a hammer like they show in their promo video? I just find it very hard to believe that they can do that with a .2mm thin shield to absorb all that energy.

Haha I wanna try that so bad but I won't because I really like my iPhone haha

kalexn

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
Texas
Thanks for all the feedback. I am going to let it sit. I've installed several HD and Regular ones with Geek Squad and they all work nice. I may take your suggestion and return this if it doesn't clear up and go with the HD one. As for Ghost Armor, I haven't heard of it.

They install it for you and if anything crazy happens in the first week they will redo it for you. It also has a lifetime warranty (pretty sure). They have them at both malls near me pretty close to the Apple Store but they don't only cover Apple screens.

youspork

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
I really doubt the ability of such a screen protecter, how can it withstand so much ? Really boggles my mind :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.