InvisibleShield Extreme SPLIT

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tmgarvey, Oct 13, 2012.

1. tmgarvey macrumors member

I posted in another thread about how the small ends below the home button would not stay stuck down no matter what I did. I finally gave up and decided to return the Extreme and order the HD instead (since there was also a very slight orange-peel effect with the Extreme).

Here's what's weird. When I started to peel off the Extreme, I discovered that those little pieces that would not stay down were actually where the InvisibleShield had SPLIT into two layers! The bottom layer was, indeed, adhering to the phone just fine. But the top layer had peeled up on both of the two ends.

Just wanted to give folks a heads-up about this defect. I like Zagg very much, and I know I will be refunded the purchase price, but this is just too weird.

2. tmgarvey thread starter macrumors member

LOL, cute, very cute. No, I know perfectly well how to reach customer service, and in fact I have already arranged for the return/refund.

I posted, as I said, to let others know that this can happen with this particular shield. Here's a pic:

Attached Files:

3. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Most likely, you just got a defective product. There is no reason for you to assume that the Invisible Shield Extreme is plagued with this problem.

4. tmgarvey thread starter macrumors member

Read what I posted. I said "can happen," not that it was plagued with this particular problem.

Although it seems to me that given the fact that these are all just cut from sheets of the same material, rather than individually crafted items, it is likely that I'm not the only person whose shield has this layering issue.

5. AFDoc macrumors 68030

OMFG that was the most awesome thing I've seen EVER! Ok, a bit over the top but it was pretty freaking cool. Fits my sarcastic personality to a T.

6. irenemichelle macrumors newbie

Mine is doing the same thing... I wonder if I should just peel off the top layer...

7. LittleGwen macrumors 6502

oh no... hopefully someone from there will see this and fix it right away. good to hear theyre going to refund you!