InvisibleShield Front Only for iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by roland.g, Jul 25, 2010.

1. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I have used the PowerSupport Crystal Film on my original iPhone and left my 3G naked and it never scratched. And while I used the BSE - Bestskinsever - on my iPhone and iPhone 3G, I never put their front skin on the screen b/c it has an orange peel effect which is great for grip, but not something I wanted on my iPhone screen.

I was at BestBuy the other day and saw one of the mobile guys InvisibleShield Front Only on his iPhone 4 thinking it was a static cling screen protector film. I was surprised that it had really no peel effect, though I only saw it for a moment.

For anyone that uses the IS on their screen on their iPhone 4:

1. Does it affect the clarity at all, like some of the films, etc? Do you lose some of the sharpness of the iP4 retina display?

2. Since it is a wet application, how long do you need to let it dry b4 you can turn your iPhone back on.

Any other comments or feedback would be great. Thanks.

2. troop231 macrumors 603

Yes, it does have a orange peel effect, and 2. I left the phone on, but pushed the sleep button when I put the protector on. No reason to really turn it off IMO.

3. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

Do you find that it creates touchscreen drag or affects the clarity?

I know the SGP Steinheil Ultra Series Oleophobic screen protector is really popular too and though I have gone away from films b/c of bubbles during install, and that as a dry install you don't have as much wiggle room, I really want to maintain the best clarity and touchscreen feel.

4. troop231 macrumors 603

You can do the SGP as a wet install too, it's actually better users on here have stated. Also, the orange peel on the Zagg is hard to notice, but there is a rubbery drag feel to it. Definitely can't wait to get my SGP ultra oleophobic in and send my Zagg in for a refund.

5. budman1961 macrumors regular

INHO, it does feel a bit draggy. You do need to let it dry or cure out for at least 12 hours. If you intend to use a bumper or case that closely clings to the bezel, than expect poor results. Both my front and back IS applications rolled up along the edges with either a case or bumper....:mad:

6. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

I just ordered a pair of Ultra Oleos for me and my dad. My wife and I are going to visit him this week and he just got his iP4 in the box, waiting for me to set it up. I had them shipped to him so I can install them this before the end of the week. I bought a pair of IS front onlys at BestBuy yesterday and will return them before I leave town. I got him a Griffin Reveal and I think the SGP and that will work great for him. I went a bit different this time. Instead of a back and sides skin and no case, I opted for the customized look of a Gelaskins print.