Invisibleshield HD iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by taedouni, Sep 15, 2012.

1. taedouni macrumors 65816

Is anyone else going to get one for their iPhone 5? I just wanted a little protection to protect the screen of my iPhone 5. I've never had any accidental damage that went beyond slight cosmetic scratches etc, so I don't think that I will be purchasing AC+ this time around. It also doesn't help with resale value (no one cares about it being on my iPhone 4S). I have AMEX so I have extended warranty if I plan to keep it. I'm going to be pretty anal about my iPhone 5 and won't let anyone touch it so I am pretty confident that it will not get dropped.

I used Invisibleshield before on the original Droid and honestly it was okay but I dislike the feel of it...However from the reviews the HD version is supposedly very clear and feel like glass (according to ZAG's link for the item).

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield...es-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

I only ordered the screen. I honestly don't need to protect that back. It's not glass anymore. Pretty much the only reason why I would get a slight minor scratch on my iPhone 4S (minor as in you need to see it at an angle with a light source) is if I forgot I had my car keys in one of my pockets and put the iPhone in the same pocket.

2. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Getting one for the iPhone 5 for sure. I've have InvisibleSheild on all my devices and highly recommend it.

3. og3og macrumors member

og3og

InvisibleShield HD is awesome for the 4s, no orange peel, screen looks great and feels great

4. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

I haven't used IS in a while. It always turned yellow and felt rubbery.

Is HD more like a standard screen protector? Does it feel like glass or plastic?

It would be tempting to cover the whole device. I am considering going caseless!

5. BluePhoenixRa macrumors regular

I'm thinking of getting this for my iPhone 5 too. I have the one for the iPad and it's SUPERB. I had it installed by Best Buy.

However, I'm very rough with my phone. I also have this thing where I flip the phone in the air and catch it again and repeat. And so there are times when I'm distracted, I fail to catch my phone and it falls. Which happened only 10 out of the 500+ times i did it. And cases have protected it.

Since the iPhone 5 has aluminum back, should I be worried about it breaking easily? I really want to try and go ceaseless this time and just use the invisibleshields.

6. Powrie macrumors 6502

I was going to get one but then I noticed the cutout are not right.

They are done cheaply and its not a full cutout.

I dont like it done that way, I like the full circle cutout. So I will get a differnt HD protector that has them.

7. Staindsoul macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

I wouldn't worry about the aluminum back. I would be worrying about my desire to throw my $600+ iPhone in the air knowing I was going to drop it.

And I have the HD on my 4S. Best screen protector I have used. Totally smooth and like glass.

8. yaymath macrumors regular

I really like the feeling of the iPhone glass. At the same time, I don't want to scratch it. How different does the iPhone feel with the Invisible Shield compared to the naked glass?

9. og3og macrumors member

og3og

there are different cuts to the IS HD, the smaller cut is called case friendly, made so that if you use a case that covers any part of the front on the edges it won't affect it and bubble it up.

HD feels as close to glass as possible, way more than any other I've tried

10. WindWaker macrumors regular

I'm a little annoyed with those cutouts-- I really would prefer a full enclosure of the home button and front camera for when you have other things in your pocket :(

I was about to get one until I saw that. Hmmm, but I do want one that is case-friendly. Does anybody know another good screen protector that can fit that quality?

11. BluePhoenixRa macrumors regular

Hehe..bad habit. But like I said, only dropped it 10 times cause of being distracted. So when the time comes again, which it will, I don't want it to fall flat on its face and break. :/

12. jason2811 macrumors 6502a

Does InvisibleShield cover the sides of the iPhone? This seems most important since every is saying the iPhone 5 gets nicks and scratchs along the side.