InvisibleShield HD

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iRooney, Feb 24, 2012.

1. iRooney macrumors 6502

iRooney

So I went to Wal-Mart today, intending to but the Wrapsol Ultra (I have had the PS Anti-Glare HD on my iPhone for a while, but the degradation of the retina display was killing me). I bought it and got it home, and it was clearly returned by someone who screwed up putting it on (the pube or whatever it was between the backing and the protector was a dead-giveaway. The protector looked very yellow, so I decided against returning and getting a new one - I'd rather not have a yellow screen. So....the point of this right here is stay away from Wrapsol.

Anyway, just grabbed the InvisibleShield HD from Best Buy. Installation was a breeze and the screen looks fantastic. I do have a tiny bubble up towards the camera, but I am hoping that will disappear in a day or two (I'll report back if it doesn't). Anyway, just wanted to say that so far this is one of the best I've owned. I was going to order an SGP Ultra-Oleo, but Amazon jacked the price up from $11.99 to $999.99 (see below):

[​IMG]

2. hamsup1o macrumors member

why are you recommending people to stay away from Wrapsol when it's clear you bought a used/returned item? I have used Wrapsol for many devices and have no problems with it.

3. iRooney thread starter macrumors 6502

iRooney

Unless someone put a non-Wrapsol back in the packaging, the protector itself was yellowed....which tells me its not 100% clear.

4. VandyChem2009 macrumors 6502a

VandyChem2009

5. this providence macrumors newbie

I think I posted in another thread about the Zagg HD but I suppose I'll comment here as well.

I've had mine for a few weeks now and it's great. The feel is much improved and you hardly know it's there (besides the edges of the screen protector not butting up to the edge of the actual glass). I would say that if anyone had any poor experiences with the prior Zagg lines, like I did; I'd recommend giving this a shot and open mind.

6. iRooney thread starter macrumors 6502

iRooney

7. batting1000 macrumors 604

8. iRooney thread starter macrumors 6502

iRooney

Had ghost armor on my iPad. Hated it. Had the same issue as the original invisible shield. Feels rubbery to the touch.

9. toasty hoodie macrumors 6502

toasty hoodie

LOVING my Invisible Shield HD. Works with ALL my cases too.

10. iRooney thread starter macrumors 6502

iRooney

How many cases do you have??

11. toasty hoodie macrumors 6502

toasty hoodie

Currently I have 4

Griffin Bumper
    Otterbox Commuter
    Speck CandyShell Satin
    and one of the ZooGue ones

It will not work with the Griffin Survivor (Too many water marks from the two screen shields touching.)

Won't work with the Defender (Again, water marks, but it also will get a dent in the top right corner of the Zagg due to a piece of the Defender pressing too hard onto it.

Obviously, no case with a protector built in. But since the HD is not as wide as the phone, any other case will fit with no issue. Even sliders!

12. Macguy76 macrumors regular

Macguy76

SGP Ultra Oleophobic is by far one of the best screen shields out there! I have been using them for a while now. I had also tried the Invisible Shield HD, but still wasn't a big fan of the Orange Peel effect. Plus, it didn't look very nice on the phone.

The only drawback about SGP is that the Oleophobic coating can wear off if you use some alcohol based cleaner in the screen after it has been installed. It fits perfectly and looks and feels great! The very fact that fingerprints don't stick to it make it worth it. Plus, the Kit is in stock at www.spigen.com

13. Macguy76 macrumors regular

Macguy76

http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/ap...een-protector-steinheil-ultra-series-new.html

14. jeff0514 macrumors newbie

Has anyone bought the Invisibleshield HD maximum coverage for their iPhone? I just put mine on to replace the regular maximum coverage one. Mine had the HD case friendly screen coverage but the back and side pieces were regular pieces with the orange peel look. Does anyone know if I got a bad set or are all the max coverage ones like this? I figured all the pieces would be "HD", not just the screen piece.

15. TBONE72 macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure that the HD only applies to the front screen. I just recently got the front/back (not maximum) and the front is HD and back is more like the previous, but it seems somewhat improved. I like the extra grip on the back. It doesn't seems as bad as the one I had on the back of my 3G which I couldn't stand and ended up taking off.

16. toasty hoodie macrumors 6502

toasty hoodie

A little update. I really ended up getting tired of having a border around my protector that constantly needed cleaning, so I removed my IS and went back to the PowerSupport HD.

Also, it was really distracting having the orange peel look there. It was very smooth, but sadly it has to go.

17. Chrispy650 macrumors newbie

How thick is the protector on the back? I wanted to go for a naked look but have something on the back to protect scratches/add grip. Just wondering if it's enough thickness so the camera lens won't get scratched if I lay it on the table.

18. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

I usually hate screen protectors with a passion, but I got the full body wrap with the HD front shield. I actually really enjoy it. The front protector is crystal clear. It looks as though it doesn't have one on. The smaller bubbles that were there after installation have gone away after a few days. Fit isn't totally edge to edge, but I am very happy with this product.