Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jukeboxaddict

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2014
Not to sound spammy. I know some people were looking for a decent protector for the 6 Plus back, and I can definitely recommend the InvisibleShield HDX. I'll never be using the front half that comes with it — I've got the Glass on now. Way better. Even if I managed to get a spec of dust in there. Ah well.

But the back is great. There seems to have been some confusion: this IS matte style. And the dry application technique is really easy, though I still fudged it a bit. Oh well. It'll be in the blue leather case; I just wanted a way to keep the back pristine.

Oh... PICS. (Just a heads up. It looks a bit, uh, sparkly in these pictures. That effect isn't quite so pronounced in person. It's just your average matte look.) AT&T sells these in its stores, if you're looking.

Attachments

• IMG_20140921_163923.jpg
    IMG_20140921_163923.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 380
  • IMG_20140921_163558.jpg
    IMG_20140921_163558.jpg
    728.7 KB · Views: 1,190
  • IMG_20140921_164201.jpg
    IMG_20140921_164201.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 221

drew1205

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2014
I was looking specifically for this. I was just at Best Buy but they only had the HDX for the Plus for the front panel, not the whole thing. Do you have a picture of the box or anything else so I can find where to buy this?

I'll have to check the AT&T store, this looks great. You decided to do glass protector for the front and the HDX for the back (and the HDX just comes matte or was it matte hex)?

EDIT: does it wrap around the sides on the back? It's hard to tell...

LFCYNWA

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2012
I'd also like to know if it wraps fully around the back. Do u happen to have a picture of the box? Is that for the standard or the plus?

jukeboxaddict

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2014
I was looking specifically for this. I was just at Best Buy but they only had the HDX for the Plus for the front panel, not the whole thing. Do you have a picture of the box or anything else so I can find where to buy this?

I'll have to check the AT&T store, this looks great. You decided to do glass protector for the front and the HDX for the back (and the HDX just comes matte or was it matte hex)?

EDIT: does it wrap around the sides on the back? It's hard to tell...

It covers the entire back, but it doesn't really wrap around. The sides are still exposed, but the WHOLE back is protected.

Here's the box. It doesn't mention matte anywhere, fwiw. But the back is. They also had it for the 6, yes. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411337200.263581.jpg

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
It covers the entire back, but it doesn't really wrap around. The sides are still exposed, but the WHOLE back is protected.

Here's the box. It doesn't mention matte anywhere, fwiw. But the back is. They also had it for the 6, yes. View attachment 495009

Is the front matte also? I know you didn't apply it, but can you post a photo? I'd like to see the cutouts.

jukeboxaddict

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2014
Is the front matte also? I know you didn't apply it, but can you post a photo? I'd like to see the cutouts.

It's the same cutout style as InvisibleShield Glass. And no, the screen isn't matte or anti glare.

CarRamRod

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2014
You mentioned u had the glass on the front. Any issues with the front facing camera being covered? (I think this applies it the hdx as well)

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Thanks for posting. I'm looking for something like this to just protect the back when on set down and add a little grip

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.