InvisibleShield or Case?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by avit, Sep 6, 2010.

1. avit macrumors regular

avit

Would an InvisibleShield be better than a case for the 4th Gen iPod touch? I only want the back to not get scratched (at all) and the front not to crack if I drop it.

If it isn't, then what case would you reccomend

2. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

I think a hard case would have higher protection.

3. buckawheat macrumors member

I use both - invisible shield for screen, contour showcase for the body - protects screen from scratches and ipod from drops.

4. avit thread starter macrumors regular

avit

i had a hard case before and my ipod fell from my loft bed (not even close to 2 metres), and fell apart and my ipod was dead.

5. maus macrumors regular

2 metres is over 6'. Normally, phones and mp3 players are dropped from about 3'-4'.

That said, I agree that hard cases aren't the best - they're too rigid. I think either padded silicone or leather provide better protection. I've dropped my iPod in its leather case multiple times (on hardwood, tile, concrete, whatever). The only damage it's every suffered occurred when it slipped out of the case on its way down.

6. djlutzker macrumors member

both! My first rule is ishield for all my devices, then a case for maximum protection. Ive always used speck toughskin cases for itouches and otterbox for blackberryes! :p

7. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

I do like otterbox, but I don't like the defender series - prefer the commuter. ANyway I've pre-ordered an invisibleshied with a coupon for $14.99 from zagg but now debating also getting a case =( hmm I really wanted to keep it as slim as possible.

8. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

I'm probably gonna get something like a silicon case, since the iPod touch is too thin.

9. awaizy macrumors newbie

I personally dislike the invisible shield. Firstly, the application proves to be fairly tough. Beyond that, it provides good protection, but it ruins the screen feel. It has a very tacky feeling. Check out Steinhell (sp?) and Clairvue screen protectors. And get a case for the back.

10. avit thread starter macrumors regular

avit