invisibleshield scratched EASILY

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by gladoscc, Jan 19, 2012.

1. gladoscc macrumors 6502

I just scratched my invisibleshield easily! After applying it, I decided to do a tiny test with a plastic credit-card sized card that I had handy, and there's scratches... I'm certain that my iPhone wouldn't have being scratched!

2. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

take it back, ask for a refund, stop scratching your screen...

I'd like to know how well my car would do in a wreck but I'm not lookin for telephone poles... if ya know what I mean...

3. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

InvisibleShield material is self healing. Give it a couple hours and the scratches will be gone.

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

These protectors aren't necessarily designed to avoid getting scratched. They're sacrificial parts intended to prevent your device from getting scratched. AFAIK no screen protector is harder than every other material out there so, yes, they will get scratched.

If you're not happy with it return it. If you want to replace it then make a warranty claim.

I don't care for the IS these days but I've used it on many devices over many years and they never scratched easily. Of course, I was never trying to scratch them.

5. cclloyd macrumors 68000

cclloyd

Does that mean that the little dent that was put in mine while curing from a particle on my desk when I put it facedown will work itself out? (Didn't want to make a new topic when my answer is almost right here)

6. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

IME, dents in InvisibleShields don't often come out. Give it time before you return to the store to get a refund. It may work itself out, it may not.

7. cclloyd macrumors 68000

cclloyd

Well it was my fault it happened, cause I was careless and forgot to wipe the surface first. If it doesn't work itself out, I'm just going to get a new one, and if it happens after a bit of time in the 45 day period, im going to return it.

8. gladoscc thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, it's being 24 hours and the scratch is still there.. how long is it supposed to heal?

9. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

They have a warranty. If you registered it, they will sent you a replacement.