invisibleshield scratched EASILY

gladoscc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
I just scratched my invisibleshield easily! After applying it, I decided to do a tiny test with a plastic credit-card sized card that I had handy, and there's scratches... I'm certain that my iPhone wouldn't have being scratched!

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
I just scratched my invisibleshield easily! After applying it, I decided to do a tiny test with a plastic credit-card sized card that I had handy, and there's scratches... I'm certain that my iPhone wouldn't have being scratched!
take it back, ask for a refund, stop scratching your screen...

I'd like to know how well my car would do in a wreck but I'm not lookin for telephone poles... if ya know what I mean...

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
These protectors aren't necessarily designed to avoid getting scratched. They're sacrificial parts intended to prevent your device from getting scratched. AFAIK no screen protector is harder than every other material out there so, yes, they will get scratched.

If you're not happy with it return it. If you want to replace it then make a warranty claim.

I don't care for the IS these days but I've used it on many devices over many years and they never scratched easily. Of course, I was never trying to scratch them.

cclloyd

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2011
Alpha Centauri A
InvisibleShield material is self healing. Give it a couple hours and the scratches will be gone.

Does that mean that the little dent that was put in mine while curing from a particle on my desk when I put it facedown will work itself out? (Didn't want to make a new topic when my answer is almost right here)

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Boulder, CO
Does that mean that the little dent that was put in mine while curing from a particle on my desk when I put it facedown will work itself out? (Didn't want to make a new topic when my answer is almost right here)
IME, dents in InvisibleShields don't often come out. Give it time before you return to the store to get a refund. It may work itself out, it may not.

cclloyd

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2011
Alpha Centauri A
Well it was my fault it happened, cause I was careless and forgot to wipe the surface first. If it doesn't work itself out, I'm just going to get a new one, and if it happens after a bit of time in the 45 day period, im going to return it.

gladoscc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
Well, it's being 24 hours and the scratch is still there.. how long is it supposed to heal?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.