InvisibleSHIELD screen protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mtnDewFTW, Aug 15, 2010.

1. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, so I'm waiting for my iPhone 4 to ship right now, and I went ahead and ordered a front cover InvisibleSHIELD screen protector, so they should both come in around the same time, I hope.

Anyway, I have a few questions.

1. Does the screen lose any touch sensitivity with the shield on?

2. If I ever decide to take it off, does it leave any permeant mark on the glass (overtime)?

3. Is the front camera blocked?

2. thizzinG macrumors member

3. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

No, but it feels like a piece of rubber is over your screen. It sucks.

4. sdmcwilliams macrumors member

sdmcwilliams

My wife has the Zagg on her 3GS. It does feel very rubbery. I bought the Phantom Skinz for mine and I like the feel much better. It has a smoother texture and less rubbery.

http://phantomskinz.com/appleiphone4pre-order.aspx

5. FlashHead macrumors regular

It is a little different feeling than the glass, and not quite as nice, but it is worst in the first day or two after it is applied, since it is not completely dried yet. I hated it at first but I've gotten used to it.

There is some orange peel effect in bright enough light that there is a glare on the phone. Also annoying. But if offers the protection I want. I don't worry about scratching the screen or back, ever.

Also, I only use the phone for quick texts, or to look something up occasionally. Real on the go computing. I use my iPad for work and enjoyment and therefore look at it and touch it far more frequently for and for longer durations during the day. That screen is kept naked.

6. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

You seriously need to learn to do research BEFORE you buy a product. What if all the answers to your questions were "yes"?

Thread related, here's my invisible shield that I took off my iPhone 3G to prepare to return for a warranty replacement. 3 months of use.

[​IMG]

7. jasonforisrael macrumors regular

i think i speak for everyone when i say, wash your hands more.

8. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

9. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

No, the material is a piece of crap that gets dirty and isn't easy to clean (the kind of pain like trying to scrub permanent marker off your skin)

10. thomamon macrumors 6502a

thomamon

Wow, what do you do to your phone? LOL

Good thing they offer free replacements.

11. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

On the upside, my phone is in perfect condition so when I sold my 8GB 3G it went for $220.

12. chanerz macrumors 6502a

13. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

I agree. I had the invisashield on my 3GS and I took it off after a week. It has such a tacky feel I hated it. It takes an amazing touch screen interface and absolutely ruins it. The power supoort crystal protector is simply amazing.

14. Storrow macrumors regular

15. mtnDewFTW thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know people who have it and they're pretty happy with it, so I went ahead and ordered it. It's only one side, so it was $15.

16. mtnDewFTW thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh wow, some of you guys like it and some don't. So, this is kinda hard. I feel like I'll regret buying it. That rubbery feeling really sucks, I had to deal with that before on my iPod Touch but I had a much cheaper (price and quality wise) screen protector. I think I'll try it out for about a couple weeks, if I can't get used to it, I'll just take it off.

Thanks for all the feedback though. It's really relieving to know that it doesn't damage the screen after you take it off. For some reason I assumed that it left some mark on it. But anyway, again, thanks so much for all the replies.

17. Kelerika aprn macrumors newbie

Invisishield

Hated invisihield...took it off my 4 after two days...any case I put on the phone peeled the edges ....instead I have an otterbox which I really like...

18. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

Now somewhat lad I waited on a screen. Was worried with the price-thoughradio shack was half want bestbuy was

19. SydneyJunkie macrumors regular

get the power support shield OP!!!! I was going to settle for the invisible sheild but its so thick! rubbery, orange peel effect, its nasty

the power support is thin, does not effect retina display, looks crystal clear, no sticky feeling

20. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Do they make one for the back?

21. Absolem macrumors regular

WTF! lol how did you do that to your invisible shield, you definently need to wash your hands more and your invisible shield off. You're gross dude.

I work 5 days a week with my hands gettting nasty and i use my phone with gloves(the gloves keep my hands free) around oil, dirt and gas all night turning my gloves brown rather quickly. My shield doesn't even look close to that. I clean mine off every night after i get home with glass cleaner or alcohol. Maybe you should... or dont drop it in the fire.

Great product with the warrenty and the only thing against it is the orange peel from the side angles. The rubbery feeling goes away after a few weeks and its as easy to move your fingers around as the clean glass.

22. rrandyy macrumors 6502

23. smokescreen220 macrumors regular

smokescreen220

Not looking so invisible now is it? And OMG, just imagine how dirty your iPhone would've been had you not had that...if you had a White iPhone, it would've looked pretty bad...

+1

I've been rocking the Power Support Screen Protectors since the 2g first came out... I bought a ZAGG when the IP4 came out only because it was the only one available on the release day... got rid of it as soon as I could, it was terrible, and crazy exspensive too... (i still have the ZAGG protector on the back of my IP4 tho...lol, its not the same material)

24. motty2307 macrumors regular

I'm rockin' a Wrapsol...much better than the Zagg IMO.

25. silver25u macrumors member

I have to agree about Wrapsol being much better. I got an invisible shield in June and it lasted until two weeks ago. It started peeling off and collecting dust and other grime. I've had my wrapsol ultra for a week now and its far superior - although my screen installation didn't go perfectly. The invisible shield is limp w/ the orange peel effect whereas the wrapsol is rigid and completely clear. I liked that the installation didn't need water. The side pieces are awesome too. My only negative is that I apparently didn't clean my screen well enough so there are a few "stains" where the bubbles were before they disappeared.