Invisibleshield users with 3G problems speak up!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by djrobsd, Aug 31, 2008.

1. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

OK, here's the deal...

My first iPhone 3G worked flawlessly for a few weeks and then I started having intermittent 3G connectivity issues, especially at my house. The phone drops the 3G network, switches to EDGE, and/or then goes into NO SERVICE and usually no one can call me and I won't get any texts (although sometimes when the phone says no service, it still works!!)...

So, I had Apple replace my phone. Fixed the problem... Then a few weeks later, the darn problem comes back again!! I did some thinking, WHY would my phone work fine and then start having issues?

The ONLY common denominator I can find is that I didn't put an Invisibleshield on my phone for a few weeks. And the more I think about it, I can directly correlate my 3G problems to the application of the Invisibleshield. So, I'm wondering, could the materials they use to make the invisibleshield product actually have something in them that would cause the 3G antenna to have problems?

It's just a hunch, but if anyone else with an Invisibleshield would like to comment on their 3G coverage, I'd love to hear if I can make the connection. I'd love to just rip my shield off, but I'm waiting for next month for the big update, and if it's still not working then I'll take it off and see if that fixes the problem.

2. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

I really doubt there is a connection.

Didn't bother mine.

3. StoneColdSober macrumors 6502

There are two other common denominator that you are forgetting...you and the area you live and work in. I am not saying you are doing anything intentionally or that you are doing anything necessarily wrong. My point is that there are any number of things that you could be doing that could cause the problem. For example, what apps have you installed? Is it jailbroken? What is your usage pattern? Is AT&T having problems with the network in your area? Have you upgraded to the latest firmware? I could go on.

My point is that there are a number of factors that are more likely to be causing problems than the IS film. Maybe if you can provide more information based on the questions above, possible solutions might be provided.

4. djrobsd thread starter macrumors 6502a

No Jailbreak.

5 Bars of 3 G service and 5 bars of EDGE at my house. No problems if I turn 3g off. There is (possibly) at&t tower on the roof of this building I've been told.

Tried all 3 firmware, 2.0, 2.0.1., and 2.0.2....

Problem only happens when I'm NOT using the phone! Never drops a call when I'm using it. Usually only happens at my house, not at work. However, at work this happens when I come back out of the parking garage, it will only find an EDGE signal until I turn the phone off and back on again then it finds a 3G.

Not sure what else, but hey, I do find it very coincidental that this just starts happening after putting my IS back on my replacement phone.

5. wrestlepsu99 macrumors newbie

This SAME EXACT thing happened to me all morning today. I don't have a case on my iPhone currently, and I just got the thing on Friday. Eventually, 3G came back and the phone is back to "Normal" again.

6. godkorg macrumors member

godkorg

The next invisibleshield's actually going to be made of the same space age lead-based material they use in anti-radiation suits!! :D

7. Quantumd0tz macrumors newbie

No correlation :apple: